1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of mindfulness?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Waroston, May 18, 2019.

1. Waroston

Waroston New Fapstronaut

2. Mindfullness is great, give it a try man!

3. Nanni

Nanni Fapstronaut

Well, can you specify your question? I don't understand what you're talking about, or what you're refering to.

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Why would you want to have your mind full? No, just kidding, that’s just another interpretation. :p

@Nanni, mindfulness is a meditation technique to ground you in the present moment, and has a bunch of benefits.

Nanni likes this.
  5. Rollerrex

Rollerrex New Fapstronaut

Thing is mindfulness disappears when you go into relapsing mode. All rational thinking is thrown out of the brain. This was the reason I started NoFap.:)

bikinhappy likes this.
  6. glide

glide Fapstronaut

you can use an app call Headspace. great for guided meditation

7. Pepa

Pepa Fapstronaut

mindfullness is great,the way out of your head and be in the body...the true is there, in body, not in head

8. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

9. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

There is a basic Buddhist teaching of four foundations of mindfulness which you may want to look up, and mindfulness of the body is the first one. PMO is about what we do with the body isn't it? If you are aware of what's going on there you can catch it way before it gets to a strong urge to act out - after all it isn't like we haven't experienced it a million times before. This gets into the other three foundations like feeling tone and mental state. I would suggest people check it out if they are not familiar, mindfulness as a generic concept and generic meditation practice doesn't give you a comprehensive way to understand it like the traditional teaching that goes with it.