1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do to survive winter?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 10, 2017.

1. We got a comedian over here. ha.

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  2. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

3. Ah I see well UK is a nice place I think, always wanted to go there, I live in the northern part of Sweden, a stones throw from the arctic circle, we got about 70cm of snow ATM more to come, Not that cold today only -12 which is great cause its not too cold to be outside, so im trying to stay positive :)

4. upload_2017-11-27_20-52-19.png

Pic of me surviving the Canadian winter. Srs.

5. Wear a jacket. Although it does get cold sometimes here in Texas.

6. I hate the cold.

During such weather I eat spicy food, drink hot drink and listen to music that warms my soul to survive.
    I started listening to Xmas music a few weeks ago. Not OTT Xmas music, stuff like Over The Rhine and Ingrid Michaelson. I like OTR album Blood Oranges in the Snow because it's quite dark album about surviving Xmas.

RainbowShell likes this.
  7. So its getting colder, -25c now and will get colder, its fine to be outside lungs doesn't hurt when I breathe that doesn't happen until it gets -40 and then its just temporary until they adapt, you cold climate folks know what im talking about.

8. winter camping ,ice fishing, snowshoeing and hunting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WreckTangle and RainbowShell like this.
  9. Anyone else feeling tired yet? getting up is an insane battle each morning, and yes of course everyone can have this problem, what im talking about is beyond that, its a kind of "why am I alive" kind of feeling its like this every day, and getting worse by the day, I slept for 9 hours last night and Im more tired then when I went to bed, this continues through the day as soon as I sit down I fall asleep. My cat was growling at a moose the other day, pretty much all the excitement this week, so there is that ha ha.

10. GeneralismoKilgore

GeneralismoKilgore Fapstronaut

So there a 4 things that help with winter isolation. I know, I lived somewhere similar and we also got a full whack of winter.

Schedule - Wake up early if need be to make the most of the existing hours of sunlight. If your likely as far north as you are, you only get around 4 to 5 hours per day, and being outside during those hours can help with the absorbing of sunlight. Also get a luminary or SAD lamp and have that in your workspace in the house, it artificially simulates sunlight.

Supplements - Take vitamin D, and also if you can get it a high grade coenzyme q10, it really does help with natural energy flow.

Be Social - Find an excuse to hang out with people, whether its hunting or playing hockey, or doing something else like a pen and paper D&D game, find an excuse to get people and yourself out of the house and hang out. Humans are social primates, first and foremost, we crave social interaction, it staves off depression.

Activity - Find a new hobby or skill that requires you to be up and about the house. Plan a garden for the new year and start accumulating or starting seeds. Look into learning woodworking skills. Go fur trapping or hunting. Learn to make soap. Anything that keeps your mind active and you moving around the house during the winter is a great idea. Download some good fiction or educational audiobooks and play them in the background as you work, you get a double whammy that way.
    Also go outside. When it isn't absolutely freezing, try and make yourself go for a walk for an hour a day, the activity really does make a difference in moods. Also tie it into a social event, go around someones place and have coffee, or volunteer to help them with a project.

11. GeneralismoKilgore

GeneralismoKilgore Fapstronaut

Look up a few youtubers you might be interested in.

Walter Sorrell - Blademaking and does a lot of blacksmith forging.
    Backyard Bowyer - Blademaking and bow making.
    Wooded Beardsman - Lives in Ontario but does a lot of cool out doors stuff, might give you some ideas for winter stuff to do.

12. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Maybe you should start looking for some dragonglass

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  13. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Other than just driving around to stay out of the house when my sister goes on a emotional rampage around the house, watching skateboarding videos and studying in the university library. There's also the occasional basement skateboarding, which is just me rolling around on my skateboard in my basement when no one is in the house. I would practice some tricks, but I my knee is still injured. Trying to find some kind of creative project to keep me busy other than just playing video games and reading. I haven't made any drawings because of the stupid drama my sister keeps trying to start for no reason. Hopefully I remember to bring my sketchbook with me the next time she flips out.

14. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I would exercise and read a lot. I would also take to learning how to draw. Bathing would be quite nice, too, if the tub were sizeable and had enough hot water supply.

15. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Other than the Canadian flag and it describes me perfectly.
    The Others are coming. I would prefer Valyrian steel to dragonglass.