1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do in your day?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by green lion eating the sun, Dec 9, 2017.

1. I have been thinking lately to make my life more interesting. When i talk to people i get awkward when replying to how i spent that day and I don't really have stuff to talk about

Since i quit my addictions 9 months ago my life mainly consists of work and gym. I have been losing and gaining weight for a year and a half now

Id like just to lose approx 5 kg, not a lot but I keep getting back to food and I use it as comfort. Wanna keep myself motivated. Id like to know how you spend your days

Usually what is your daily routine?
    Would you describe your life as objectively interesting?
    What do you do during your day?
    Do you have friends?
    Are you single or dating someone?

Deleted Account and Navdeep like this.
  2. My daily routine: On a work day - go to work, look forward to finishing, take every opportunity to look at/talk to the guy I fancy. Go home, do housework, eat. Hang out with brother. Then get in bed and look online on my iPad, maybe read/do some work on my creative project. Write in my journal. Do yoga. Get back in bed. Attempt to read but fall asleep while cuddling my cuddly stuffed badger toy.

On a day off - bit of housework. Possibly go to shops/go for coffee by myself, maybe go for a walk. Do work on my creative project or do some sewing project. Read, go online, write in my journal. Listen to classical music. Maybe yoga. Eat. Hang out with brother. Take a long bath. Just chill. Very occasionally meet with a friend for coffee/walk/shops. Or visit parents.

I wouldn't describe my life as interesting in the sense of action-packed, but it is a little quirky, due to having quirky friends and family. I seem to spend a lot of time in bed if I'm at home! It's like my domain/nest. If I'm not doing yoga or housework or eating or playing video games with my brother (I live with my brother) I'm usually in bed. To be fair, my desk chair is bust so I don't sit at my desk any more.

I have only a couple of friends and I'm single. I would like more friends and a boyfriend but at the same time I love spending a lot of time by myself and I'm planning to go on holiday by myself in the new year.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  3. streetlaw

streetlaw New Fapstronaut

I read a personal review about the 3 week diet, and it seemed like the person had great success using the product so I gave it a try. I couldn’t have been more excited about the results, as I am now 50 pounds lighter than when I first started using it. The article was very helpful to me — if you want to check it out yourself you can read it here tiny.cc/sjeepy

4. first of all, welcome to nofap :emoji_relaxed::emoji_bouquet: I wish you to be successful in quitting your addiction for good as it happpened for me. Now i am 9 months clean, abandoned p forever :) I recommend you to post on the part "new to nofap" and introduce yourself and the story of your addiction https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?forums/new-to-nofap.6/

wow 22 kg, that's a great accomplishment. thanks but i just need to stop eating junk food and eat more apples, carrots and salad in general :) Gotta start today! and gonna go out more, later i will go to a bookshop i love books and sit in the cafè and then gym

5. i like spending time by myself too but as Aristotle said "Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god. ”

Life is one and i feel i am missing out on a lot of things just by staying incapsulated in my igloo of safe and same habits that i repeat constantly. if we don't have real contact wth other people other than the usual ones, we won't meet anyone new. this is an advice I give to both myself annd you. we gotta have to truly enjoys life

A leaf and Knighthawk like this.
  6. This post made me think hard about what I've been doing with my time of late, and also about my life in general... Which I found really helpful.

My current daily routine consists of: Waking up at 5am every day, sleeping set hours, doing daily exercise, keeping a consistent and healthy diet, cold showers, writing in my Lifestyle Journal (once every 3 days on average), going to work (on work days), reading books (without technology), listening to music, watching TV shows, doing my hobby (planning, creating, and drinking Home-brewed beer), just to name a few things.

Now yes, before no. Life before was very uninteresting to me, but now that I've been PMO-Free for this amount of time I've found a new interest in what I've been doing. I've been gradually building towards making a better and more interesting life for myself, and I have seen a lot of progress over this last year or so.

As far as friends go, things have been improving -- I'm certainly not as lonely as I once was. I do have friends but I'd love to have more.

I've been single my entire life, and there is an excuse and/or reason for that. "Until I become a better man, I don't want to be a burden to someone else" was my thinking for a long time, and now that I have become a better person and I have gone to the lengths to improve my life -- I've found I'm more contented in being single than I was before. Pretty ironic really haha.

Thank you for posting this Thread, it's made me see my achievements and the things I can improve upon which I'm very happy about...

7. Couple of questions, how are you gaining weight? Because I need to.
    Also my daily routine consists of Waking up, drink coffee, go to the gym, do Duolingo, and work.
    Next year I am going to change it up a little.

8. i have gained weight simply by eating more food
    me too I am gonna enrich my daily routine much more :)
    btw i haven't been using Duolingo for some months now but gotta go back at it, it is an amazing app to learn languages
    and congrats on your 94 day PM free :emoji_bouquet:

sfmark12 likes this.
  9. My daily routine usually consists of waking up before between 9h30am and noon, having breakfast with my mom and my SO who is now spending most of her time here, walking my 3 dogs (always hectic and fun), lurking a bit on the internet (especially NoFap nowadays), making lunch, and lurking in the internet a bit more. I make alot of research on topics of my interest and read books (pdf). I also watch some shows, lately Stranger Things; sometimes True Detective. I go to a religious group more or less once a week, and sometimes I cook food to sell at another religious (different; buddhist meditation center) place to have a few extra bucks around the house. I don't currently have a job. I also listen to music; mostly dark folk.

I wouldn't say my life is very interesting but I don't really care. I'm an Aspie, so, I don't expect to have the same type of life as anyone else.

Sometimes I try to write a bit. Lately I've been putting some thought into what I am going to do with my life. No clear answers yet.

I have friends, quite a few, but I'm not social enough to meet them regularly. Lately I've been seeing two of my 12 or so friends like once a month.

I have a girlfriend and I spend most of my time with her.