1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What comforting words do you need to hear today?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Blessedboy❤️, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Blessedboy❤️

Blessedboy❤️ Fapstronaut

I know this can be uncomfortable or even really challenging, and you may want to resist but... DON’T! Go for it, and tell me one comforting thing you need to hear today. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you can’t. Let me know so I can tell you some comforting words.

Today I’d find comfort if someone said:
    "You’re doing the best you can."
    "I love you."
    "I’m so glad you’re here."

P.S. Sending extra hugs to anyone who needs it today

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I think I probably need to say more than that, I know I would want to hear something more specific, something that indicates the other person knows my experience.

But that, if it's going to happen takes time, just because it takes time to get to know people.

The "trouble" with me is words by themselves are probably not going to do it anymore, but real relating can. If someone was so good with words that it shows they get me, even if it's a stranger online typing it out and not directing it towards me they're probably a poet, but that's going to be pretty rare.

But we also don't need to rely on words alone, like hugs for example. Or the look of a puppy like the one in your profile pic maybe. Some expressions of comfort are non-verbal.