1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you insecure about

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Joey_115, May 22, 2018.

1. :( sorry to hear that dude
    I'd say work on a friendship first and the others will hopefully fall into place over time! A man needs a friend outside of their partner!

2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

now its difficult..........because i have completed my studies........looking for a job..........so meeting new people is not that often.........and school and college are the basic place where we make friends......
    and dont get sad :)

3. I hear you but you will get the opportunity through work when you do get a job and also through hobbies.

Mind you I need to practice what I preach. I have drifted from my friends as I have moved to where my wife lives and I am so busy with kids and being self employed that I haven't put much effort into making any decent new friends... but I do plan to!

u376 likes this.
  4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes I do hope that quitting this addiction will sure help me...... because now I have that bit of happiness which is good while meeting someone
    Yes....I agree hobbies which involve clubs like gym, yoga , guitar classes helps us making new friends
    Thank you sir

5. You are welcome. Hobbies definitely works best as you already share an interest. I need to get me some hobbies now!

u376 likes this.
  6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes ....I am practicing guitar but through YouTube videos
    Which is very tiring

7. Good man, that was on my list at a stage, but its not going to happen now. The urge has passed
    Good luck with it

u376 likes this.
  8. Why does everyone care how tall they are?

A very good friend of mine is 5'8-5'9
    At one point he was a body builder weighing 225 lbs (maybe 200 now)
    He could have any girl he wanted... And he did so... Get over it? Remember guys. You gotta work with that you've got.
    I'm 5'11 and wanna be 6'1. The guy who's 6'1 wants to be 6'3. I remember my buddy who was 5'8 losing a broad to a dude that was no more then 5'4 so... Ya.. move on.

u376 likes this.
  9. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

You should do social activities that you find fun. That's one way to make friends. It's not easy to make friends, you need to put in constant effort to maintain the friendship. But trust me. It's worth it. Once you have friends stuff like social anxiety and stage fear will melt away on it's own. And you'll realise that not being in a relationship is nothing to feel bad or insecure about.

10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes I will try that......
    Actually I have no problem in talking but I don't feel intese relationship with them
    ....I feel most of my college friends don't know the real me........
    That's why I mentioned true friendship
    It's always have been superficial with me......
    Yes I hope so that social anxiety will melt away
    Actually my social anxiety is sometimes misrepresented as coldness or attitude......
    Well I am 23 and always been single..... but thank God .....I got decent female attention.... specially when I was more lean.......but my anxiety and less confidence .....has always stopped me ...
    Because there is an unsaid rule that only guy should ask first......but that's not how I am
    But yes .....I need true friendship more than relationship
    Thanks

11. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

This is something that can only be fixed by efforts on your part. If they don't know you, spend time with them and get them to know you. Don't be afraid of rejection, on one hand they may not like every bit of you, but you might be pleasantly surprised at what they DO like about you. It's better to make good friends out of acquaintances rather than completely new ones.

12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Now....the thing is different
    It's been 10 months since I left my college's city....so I am in my home for past 10 months.......which is 250 km away from my college
    And I am only in touch with a few of them....and slowly I am also losing that..... which I don't regret
    Now I am looking forward to job...
    But first I had to find it.....
    So making friends is the second priority....
    I think I was destined to be like this
    Or this addiction just messed up everything
    But here I am with 170 days without masturbation
    Which is the only positive thing right now
    Thanks for your time

Truegamer007 likes this.
  13. SpeedySloth

SpeedySloth Fapstronaut

My weight - being underweight that is which I feel is more frowned upon being a guy. Trying to do something about it but been trying for 10+years. I think I need to work on the mind rather than my weight.