1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the benefits of going vegan?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Perhaps I jumped the gun here, but to me, it seemed you thought I was arguing something I never was. As for "80/20", I already explained that here:

As in, say, a steak with a side of peppers. Nothing as absurd as your example. Finally, when I said I was not pushing a meat only diet, I was making a statement. I was not inferring you were thinking I was.

Your entire post is completely invalidated because not only do you not seem to know what gluconeogenesis is, it's completely nullified by one simple fact: There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate. But I'll get to that in a moment.

To start, no, fiber isn't good for you at all and is completely unnecessary to have in your diet. As I've already explained to you, human beings have a predatory-based digestive system which is the same system found in cats and dogs. Wild animals such as they DO NOT consume fiber and they have bowel movements all the time. Since we have the same digestive system, we don't need to consume it either and I can think of three scenarios in which this is true.

Eskimos, for example, do not consume fiber and they're regular. If a person fasts for a prolonged period of time and drinks only water, they will still be regular. Breast milk does not contain fiber and babies poop all the time. If you're referring to fiber in the sense that we need it to ensure our body is getting rid of the waste it doesn't need, fiber is NOT necessary in order to achieve that.

People often think that feces are food and that you require fiber in order to help you create feces. So the logic tends to go like this:

"If fiber makes your poop proper and one begins to have difficulty creating feces, add more fiber!"

In reality, feces are primarily made up of bacteria, water, (which is why having too much diarrhea can dehydrate you) mineral salts, and a bit of fat. Needing fiber and bulk to produce feces is a myth. The only thing you need to achieve what people think fiber does is dietary fat. That's it.

Moving on, I literally just explained to you why the plant/vegetable matter we chew and mash up in our mouths cannot be properly digested by the hydrochloric acid and pepsin, which to put it simply, they can't break it down. Pepsin, for example, can only break down proteins and is one of the main digestive enzymes in the digestive systems of humans and animals sharing a similar digestive system (carnivores). The only thing that can break down vegetables properly are microorganisisms that sit in an herbivore's runmen, at the beginning of their digestive process, or our bowel, which is at the end of our digestive process and at the end of said process, you can't absorb anything useful by that point.

And yet, all you've done is turn around and say "but they do get broken down" without much else. You'll have to do better than that. If you wish to, explain to me how pepsin (which can only break down PROTEIN, as in flesh) and hydrochloric acid can break down and allow the body to absorb the proper nutrients from plant matter (when said nutrients are not found in plants/vegetables and instead, estrogen-like chemicals are) so the body can use said plant to maintain your physical structure and the health of the flesh with plant matter instead of flesh, despite the plant being a carbohydrate in which there are NO essential carbohydrates in existence AS WELL AS lacking the microorganisisms that are supposed to be at the beginning of your digestive system that can properly break down vegetables themselves.

The reason there are no essential carbohydrates in existence is because your liver is perfectly capable of generating the glucose you require from the proteins and fats you consume. This is (an simplified explanation of) gluconeogenesis. So to consume more glucose is to work your liver and colon much harder than they'd need to be worked, also generating insulin, and eventually turning people into fat bastards. Which brings me to the final major issue in your response:

Promoting the idea of "eating whatever the bloody hell you want" is not only intelllectually irresponsible, it's also extremely dangerous. That's exactly what people do all the time, such as here in the states. People consume far too many carbohydrates than they need because they're not only convinced they need them, they can't realize they have to let go of them.

Besides the myth of essential carbs, there's only three reasons why people eat them:

• They cost less.
    • They taste good.
    • They're addicting.
    To get into some basic economics, almost everybody in the world agrees that steak tastes pretty fucking good and since steak is good for you because we have a predatory digestive system, that's a lot of demand and so price goes up. Which is why there's many high-class, expensive steak-houses because a good steak is at least $20 while cheap ones would go for around at least $10 bucks.

So since many people have adopted the "eat whatever the bloody hell you want" philosophy, obesity is a major problem in the states alone because people consume too many carbs. Vegetables ARE a carb. Carbs are NOT good for you. But because people have been indoctrinated into thinking (especially at a young age when you'll believe whatever you hear) that because something is green and grows from the earth, it's good for you. You even admitted this to me earlier:

But go ahead, I'll wait for you to explain to me how our stomach can properly digest plants, despite us not having the stomach of an herbivore, but rather one of a carnivore, and how carbs are good for you, despite us not needing them since you have the same digestive system as your cat/dog, if you have one and in which our liver, through gluconeogenesis, produces glucose on its own. And they, the animals, don't need carbs, when wild, they're primarily meat eaters.

I swear, human beings are the only animal intelligent enough to form idea, concepts, inferences, arguments, and all those wonderful things... but the only animal dumb enough to intentionally go against what was intended for us in nature.

And yes. I am implying that human beings are carnivores, in case you were wondering. The only thing we need is meat. We can eat fruit and some herbs, such as bananas. Bananas are good for you, but they aren't actually necessary and human beings cannot survive on a purely fruit based diet. If we wanted to eat fruit, SOME form of protein has to be included on a daily basis. Which, however you spin it, makes us carnivores. We, on a basic level, act like them and we need to eat the same things. Which is why dogs and cats intergrate so well.

And finally, I don't care what you eat. You want to eat greens, eat them. You just can't prove to me you're somehow doing your body a favor by consuming them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  2. So instead of substantiating a single thing you've said to me, you just state I'm somehow being religious, refuse to even consider anything I've written, and blurt out the same logically irresponsible statement.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2018
  3. *walks into thread* I thought I heard someone say "big bloody slab of meat"

[​IMG]

That is all *leaves thread*

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I made one quip, ya silly. I also don't think you know what cherry picking means since I attacked everything in your response. I did start off my response with the phrase "your entire post" after all. Although I noticed I missed the "meat sits for 3 to even 4 hours" part and the stuff about bloating, but I could go there too, if you like.

Excluding that, I think the conversation between us is over since you've come down to the point of making baseless assumptions about myself, insinuating I'm under some kind of belief system that advocates eating primarily protein. Instead, I'll sit here and wait for a rat to start pissing on cotton.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2018
  5. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Funny fact :''All oldest living people eat meat!'' :D

6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

From what I can tell from a brief google, they eat pretty ordinary diets - meat, fish, eggs but also veg, fruit, even alcohol. Maybe the key is not to worry?

They certainly eat neither hardcore vegan, or faddish carnivorous diet. Insert insulting wall of text here I guess if that's what wins arguments round here? ;)

7. That's insulting to you? Seriously?

I love how when people who take views that can't be supported by evidence take either an ad-hominem stance by attacking their opponent's character or an accusatory stance by attempting to find anything to remove credibility from the views that were presented, yet said people can't even back those up either.

Skins certainly have gotten thinner this past decade, haven't they?

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Um, yeah, that's why nobody's responding to you. If you were a little politer maybe I'd take the time to deconstruct your little conspiracy theory. But, nah you can get to fuck. Enjoy your dog food diet, hope it makes you healthy.

Verissimus likes this.
  9. You think nobody is responding to me because I'm apparently too mean?

Well, that's quite the generalisation, now isn't it? That implies everybody that viewed all that was posted here and didn't respond directly was overly sensitive. Damn, man, they could have different reasons than that, you know. There's grown ass men and women on here, who I'm betting have gone through shit harder than a little debate in a forum.

I also don't know what "you can get to fuck" means. Was that supposed to be an insult? If it was, that and the fact that you think it's a conspiracy theory just proved my ad-hominem and accusatory point. You're attempting to remove credibilty from what was written, yet I did not state any of the following:

"THEY'RE ALL LYING, HOLY SHIT, THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET US, WHAT DO WE DO? HIDE THE KIDS, FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, NOT THE KIDS!!!"

Or. You know. Some shit like that. But yeah, have a good streak. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
    Desperate_Warrior likes this.
  10. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

No, that's not what I wrote at all. I was explaining that nobody could be bothered to take the time and effort to explain why you were mistaken because you are rude and derogatory. Not because you hurt anyone's feelings - doubt anyone gives a damn what you think of us (or anyone daft enough to eat poisonous cabbage). Do you understand the difference?

Verissimus and Deleted Account like this.
  11. I fail to see why this would matter, since who would give a shit whether or not somebody was apparently rude as that doesn't stop a single person from actually writing their own "rude and derogatory" analysis on a proper human diet. A person could always "put me in my place", so to speak instead of cowering away because someone's "rude".

I also don't think you understood what I was talking about (again) since I never mentioned what I specifically could possibly think about others.

I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on, especially since it still makes a broad generalisation on how people think. If anything, it's more likely that folks aren't responding for one of the following two reasons:

• They don't care.
    • They're intimidated.
    I don't know why I've decided to open a conversation with you again since you still haven't provided anything interesting to the table. You've just been going in circles now, attempting to defend the deafening silence that was in this thread, when you can't say with absolute certainty what the reason actually is. (and who would care anyway?) I suppose I'll continue listening for that rat and wait for the next soul to come along. And if none do, that's fine too. Onto the next debate, eh?

Have a good streak, question mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
  12. To me, every extreme looks suspicious. Not only in food. For me personally, the golden middle path prooved to be the best in a long run.

So im not searching for a years long streaks of no pmo. And I dont think totally excluding meat from our diet is the best idea as well.

I think that eating things which dont originate from a processing factories is a good move for a start.

Combine all kinds of vegetables, fruits and meat. U can stop eating meat for a month if u want. But dont do it for a year.

For me, Id say I eat maybe 2kg of meat a month. Maybe a bit more. Im 195cm 95kg male.

I eat what my body tells me. If I crave nuts (lol) than I eat em. If all of sudden I see a meat and I feel I need to eat it, than I eat it. Body tells u what it needs.

13. I was vege for about 17 years and vegan for 3, and in the end it made me ill, mentally and physically and believe me I ate really really healthy, even went to a nutritionist for 2 years
    What made me stop believing in it funnily enough wasn’t that I was getting sick a lot it was the hardline non compromise that vegans have
    I think there’s a middle road, do I believe in killing, absolutely not, but at the same time I’m just a human, and who am I to think I know what’s best for my body after just a short time on this planet, after years of research I’ve accepted my body needs animal produce to be healthy, I still find it difficult to eat it, but I do
    I think the answer is to come to some middle road and work together to get rid of factory farming
    Here’s three other things that are significant
    1. Most vegetables are grown using blood and bone in the compost
    2. The rise of veganism has globalised produce like coconuts and jackfruit so now people in 3rd world countries can’t afford to eat them
    3. Veganism seems to be a very western privalidge (see number 2 again)

14. I must add, that Im very sensitive, and sometimes, I felt the stress and fear inside the meat Ive eaten. That sucks. I felt it from pigs. I dont eat pigs no more. In fish I dont feel it. Call me crazy but thats how it is FOR ME.
    Im very sure we are made to eat EVERYTHING, otherwise we would not survive on this planet in the ice ages and all the hell which was going on in the past, especially white ppl. Because black ppl never went thru ice age. Its a fact, not a racism, dont even start with this BS, thank you.

So basicaly, abandon extremes, eat very variable food, dont overdo any part of that, keep it balanced, listen to your body! I can imagine going vegan for a month might be beneficial to someone, why not. Also I believe there is a difference between man and woman. To me it appears that vegan man turn to woman a bit. This points me to the idea, that veganism might be more beneficial to woman, and maybe not so good for a man. Especially if you are the archetypal male...

Thats all, everyone should do as he thinks is best, I welcome this discussion and I wish everyone finds the best way to be happy and healthy

15. One of the first Britons was black, he survived the ice age, he’s referred as the cheddar man, have a look

16. ok ok :) I was generalizing too much and I dont know much about the topic as well, sry

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. I've been eating mostly whole foods vegan since I was a teenager. I virtually never get sick, I developed a bass voice so deep it shocks people, I have glowing clear skin and eyes, and I've walked 50+ miles straight without break with a 50 pound backpack on.

I eat about 10-20 servings of vegetables a day or more, plus fruits, beans, and lots of healthy fats from avocados and olive oil.

Patrik Baboumian broke the world record for the most weight ever lifted (1232 pounds) after being vegan for years, Scott Jurek, vegan, broke the Appalachian Trail speed record, having traveled 2200 miles up and down mountains in 46 days. Veganism is simply superior.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018