1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the benefits of going vegan?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 23, 2018.

1. loved your post but CLEAN YOUR ROOM!!!!;) have to add , i really have to clean mine too :rolleyes:

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. This is absurd for a number of reasons:

You understand that not even plants themselves are entirely "vegan", right? All energy in this world is recycled and meat, for example, is no exception. Animals are not the only creatures that eat meat. Plants do too. With the help of fungi, a tree can consume an animal carcass and use the nutrients it gets from the animal to help the tree grow stronger.

So for those of you who want to grow a tree, besides watering it and giving it plenty of sunlight, put a dead animal near it. It'll smell, but that tree will grow much stronger than it could've before.

New energy comes from our sun, but recycled energy comes from the animals built to digest plants, plants "eating" dead animals, and animals, LIKE US, eating animals. In order to capture and turn the energy from the sun into solid matter, plants stepped in and began capturing the sunlight in which they convert it into green matter. (I assume you learned about photosynthesis when you were a child)

In order to consume the energy of the sun in the form of plants, herbivores were created. Obviously, they eat primarily plants and in order for them to digest plant matter, they were equipped with a very special digestive system. Which is called the "rumen".

So to take a look at an herbivore, a fucking cow has four stomachs. It takes up a huge part of their digestive system and the rumen is filled with micro-organisisms. Bacteria, viruses, fungi, worms, etc, all sorts of creatures in their stomach. It is them that are the ones that break the grass the cow consumes down, not the cow itself. Obviously, human beings don't have this.

Because herbivores like the cow have micro-organisisms breaking down the grass for the herbivore, this only points to one simple fact: There is no creature in existence that can digest plants, above the micros.

Now in terms of leafy greens, human beings CANNOT digest and obtain energy from celluose. We don't even have the stomach nor the colon for that.

In closing, human beings also act far more like carnivores than herbivores. In a carnivore family, it's a pack with a dominant male and at least 1 mate with a number of offspring and said offspring leave the pack to start their own when they find a mate. Human beings do the same thing. Herbivores create herds which is a large group of multiple families living together. I don't know about you guys, but the people in my family don't shack up with three other families with differing last names.

To put it simply, human beings are pack animals. It's why the dog and the cat intergrate so well into our families. We have similar interests to them (MEAT) and they too are pack animals.

I could go on if you like, I have an hour's worth of content and arguments, which translates into doing this all day, all week. I could attack your silly cholesterol assertion, if you like. I didn't even touch on why humans need meat. I could, if you'd like to keep asserting that you're not making a big mistake in your life.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
  3. I figured somebody would get a bit of a chuckle from that. :p

4. Spartan91

Spartan91 Fapstronaut

5. so interesting man!!!!you're on fire :D

6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Hi, thanks for the advice, you are quite correct except that (1) most serious measures of life expectancy take infant mortality into account and (2) a life expectancy of 60 isn't very impressive either. I'm a maths graduate btw.

Also if you read all of my comment - I'm not a vegan, and I totally reject the idea that giving up meat will automatically make your diet more healthy. However I wanted to provide an alternative to the nonsense above about how humans can't digest vegetables (they can't digest grass, but nobody is eating grass!) Variety is the key. Lots of healthy fresh vegetables, whole grains, beans, pulses, fruit, fish and meat is the healthiest diet. Not stupid restrictions and fads.

You're quite right about how I should stop fapping tho :(

7. [​IMG]

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Plenty more, but even that simple point gets misunderstood apparently!

9. good luck on your NoFap journey! may we be strong and determined !

10. No, it didn't. You created what would be a snake's old, discarded skin of a "point". The skin is there and... that's it. You stated that humans having an inability to digest vegetables (you do know vegetables ARE plant matter, right?) was nonsense, then proceeded to assert that variety was the key without telling a single person why it is.

I shouldn't have to ask you to answer one of the most important W's out there. Or the letter Y, if you're lazy.

Even IF human beings could properly digest plants, you'd have to chew the cud. If you look at cows, or camels, llamas, zebras, and other related animals, you tend to find them always chewing. Because these animals, as said earlier, chew the cud and what this means is when an herbivore devours plant matter, especially GREEN plant matter as they normally do, said herbivore would swallow the matter they consumed, the organisisms within them would break it down as much as they could, and then proceed to send the food back up the esophagus so the animal can chew it again and swallow it. Looking back at the cow, a cow chews the same amount of plant matter it initially took and swallowed about 200 times.

So assuming human beings could properly digest and receive energy from plants at all, you'd have to constantly chew your vegetables, swallow it, throw up in your mouth, chew it again, swallow it again, and repeat so you could even get the fucking nutrients the vegetable would "offer". Monkeys have to eat their own shit to properly digest their food. Tell me, are either acceptable for human beings? Do human beings even do either?

I will say however that there are certain vegetables that are safer than others. Green ones are the worst due to things such as celluose. Broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, etc. If you're going to eat vegetables, at the very least, avoid the green ones.

Okay... well, then. After watching three minutes of that, I think I've said all I should (unless provoked into replying). Then I skipped the part with the overly skinny people and watched the clips of the mentally ill.

Yep. I'm done. Good video. Disturbing as shit, but good video. Thanks for sharing.

11. RationalBrody

RationalBrody Fapstronaut

It is superior to the SAD diet, but it is not optimal long-term. Their advocates are using cherry-picked studies to support its ideology.
    All major film documentaries that contain vegan propaganda have been debunked.
    https://robbwolf.com/2017/07/03/what-the-health-a-wolfs-eye-review/
    I'd be wary of adopting a diet that's got an ideology behind it. It's like putting all your faith in a belief and then look for proof that support that belief. That's not how nutrition must work.

12. There are actually studies showing that plants feel pain as well.

I would love to share my opinion on this threat because I have experimented with my diet a lot. I'm doing OMAD(One Meal A Day) and while doing so, I have tried paleo, keto, vegetarian, vegan(for more than 5 months) and right now I'm sometimes eating meat, maybe every few days. I have in plan to try carnivore diet(meat only) but I must find somebody who will sell me organic meat first... However, I have to go to school now, so I'll write more about my experiences with these diets when I find some time. Hope it might be helpful to somebody.

Cel mai drept ideal likes this.
  13. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Deserved Criticism, no disrespect but you have missed my point so wide that I'm starting to think you are some kind of parody. Do you really believe that humans can't digest broccoli or lettuce? And your evidence is: humans can't digest grass that cows and bison survive on, and lettuce is the same colour as grass.

A few people with IBS have difficulty digesting broccoli as it is cruciferous (like cauliflower, cabbage but NOT lettuce). Some people get a similar reaction to dairy products. It's all about finding a diet that suits your physiology.
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

14. Guys let me tell you... i have been a meat n chicken menstruation eater for a long time....

For years i was believing only mainstream views like that pmo is normal and healthy, and that pmo is good for stress relief and not preventing prostate cancer.

I have now a totally different perspective than back then. I now feel like in every culture will indoctrinate certain believe systems... and that it can be very hard to take a distance from it, because everybody around you believes certain things, and it's thaught from young age.

But i think like this: a natural meat eater will kill a prey without remorse. A human child probably doesn't have the tendency to bite of a rabbits head, to then devour it's flesh.
    Just in general I believe our natural diet should be closer to that of monkeys, than to that of lions, because we are closer family to the monkeys. They most like to predominantly eat fruits & vegs. You won't see them slaughter a sheep very often (some do eat meat).
    Anekdotal: with any illness, the doc. tells the patient to eat more fruits and vegs. On the other hand, meat always have risk factors accociated with them...

Also ppl say its weird that in China they eat dogs. We only find the eating of animals normal, which culture has thaught to be normal.
    I want to live most according to nature, and my conclusion is that veganism & nofap are without a doubt the best path's to walk.. it has helped me in so many ways.
    We can digest flesh, but humans digest it very poorly... we can use it to survive, but there are way healthier, more natural, normal alternatives. If you think about it.. what is stranger.. drinking the milk of a cow/pig/dog, or the milk of a delicious coconuttt... one is just for babies.

I try to break free from any addiction. Meat eating was certainly an addiction for me (probably because of the way its prepared), and found it hard to break free from that habit. Now it doesnt take me any effort anymore, and i even would not eat meat that would be lab grown.

Only addiction i'm still sometimes struggling with is pmo..... but i wanna continue the battle for as long as it takes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
  15. I can't find any articles now, but I remember my biology professor telling us about some new researches showing that there is a high possibility that plants can feel pain as well. In vegan movement, you can find some fruitarians that are only eating fruits that have already fallen on the ground naturally, they will never eat something directly picked up from the tree. When plants release gasses while being attacked(as you've said), some people see it as the way of screaming for help. I even remember that there was some kind of "vegetable cruelty" movement, they even had their own site, I can't find it anymore. I'm not sure if they were just trolling, but most of them were carnivores(ate only meat) and they wanted to prove vegans that they aren't better than meat eaters, because plants are alive as well. This is more of a morality war, I'm not so into it. I'm not supporting animal cruelty, but don't see a big deal if somebody is eating meat. Most vegans see themselves as better people than meat eaters, and they are trying to push their ideas into others. I don't support that and I highly believe that everybody is different and will react differently on various diets. I've decided to try veganism only because I wanted to see how it will affect my health, not because I felt bad about eating dead animals.

marsha124 and Deleted Account like this.
  16. Well, I guess you're right. I already changed my mind about going vegan because after all, I'm a growing boy so I must make sure to eat enough. Your also right because I would probably end up being malnourished and underweight so I'm just not going to try.

Thankfully, It's been a while since I drank soda because nowadays, I find it to be absolutely disgusting. I just can't find any appeal to me. Same goes for sports drink as well even though I was never really a fan in the first place. I also don't like certain potato chips like Lays or Doritos (both if which are gross to me) so I just eat vegetable or plantain chips instead because they can taste just as good, if not better.

Occasionally though, I may give in to desserts like cookies and ice cream since it's a big weakness. Yesterday night was also Halloween so I just couldn't help but trick-or-treat dressed up as Bob Ross with the afro and everything. It was very fun! :D

Anyways, I digress, my goal is to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. I'm going to try to avoid processed food as much as possible, especially fast food such as McDonald's because it's cheap for a reason. When possible, I'll try to find meat products without any of those dangerous, harmful chemicals which sadly plague the meat market here in the US.

So bottom line is, I will still eat meat but at the same time, I'm going to try to eat more of those leafy greens and fruits. I'm definitely staying clear from the processed meats not only for health reasons but also for moral reasons too. My goal is to basically eat more organic, less processed, and to save treats for special occasions.

17. You clearly didn't read the part where I mentioned what kind of diet I'm talking about, so I'll quote myself for you:

Don't strawman me. I never said go "full meat eater" and neither am I pushing it. Hell, recently, I had peppers with my meat. Shit was guuuud.

Secondly, too much of anything is obviously a bad thing, that's a fundamental rule of our reality, however that doesn't mean a balance of something is good either. I can't have a balance of peanut butter and jelly in my lunch because I'm allergic to peanut butter. You cannot create a balance with something you're not supposed to be eating.

And why do you care what "scientists" say? "Scientists" also say a person should masturbate every day. Look how well that turned out for everybody here. I don't care what some authority has to say on the matter and neither should you because appealing to an authority is a fallacy. Anytime a person argues from the position of an authority, they move from the realm of academia to the realm of religion and dogma.

You want to know what I think of scientific authority, read my signature. Now as for humans being unable to digest vegetables...

Let's look at the predatory digestive system. Which is a small stomach producing hydrochloric acid and pepsin, which can only digest meat, fish, milk, and eggs. Which is not only the stomach of human beings, it's the stomach of all varieties of dogs, from the yorkie to the wolf, and the stomach of all varieties of cats, from the housecat to the tiger and other related predators.

So when we chew and absorb plant matter, they do NOT get digested in the same way it would if we were to eat meat. It simply sits there. In order to actually help your stomach digest the plant matter, you'd have to chew the vegetable much more before swallowing, but many people don't. This is especially true in vegetables with high amounts of celluose, like the greens I mentioned. You ever felt a leaf? Celluose is a pretty tough material that the acid in your stomach cannot break down as easily as it can meat because you're not a herbivore. You don't have organisisms in your stomach to help you break down the plant as an herbivore would and you certainly wouldn't want to eat your own shit, now would you?

So in your example, let's say a person ate the following: One chicken breast, one egg, and a side salad. Since you state variety is the key, I use that example. In this meal, the chicken and the egg (no pun intended) are being processed correctly while the little lettuce bits, cucumber, etc from the salad are simply sitting there in your stomach waiting.

And so the meat that was digested in the stomach is absorbed in the small intestines, yadda yadda yadda, everybody should know how that works. Why we eat flesh is to maintain the flesh. We've heavy muscles, heavy organs, a heavy brain and cell regeneration is happening all the time in the body and so meat is used to maintain your physical structure. All from animal foods exclusively. These foods obviously feed our bodies, build our bodies, maintain physical structure, and maintain the cell regeneration process in our bodies.

So what happens to the vegetable bits in your stomach? The undigested bits feed the gut flora in the bowel, specifically the fiber and the bulk of the starch in the veggie. As stated earlier, we cannot break these down. So instead of being digested properly by the stomach, it goes through the system entirely, goes through the intestine, and lands in your bowel. Which is basically our version of a rumen. In our bowel, there's microorganisisms such as bacteria and it is there, in the bowel, that said micros will work on the fiber and the starch and partially break it down, partially digest it, etc. And this is very similar to what happens in, say, a cow. BUT the herbivore's rumen is at the beginning of the digestive process, in which they can properly digest and absorb plant matter. In the human body, it's at the end of the digestive process when it's too late to absorb anything substantial.

So some things become absorbed from the veggie content in the bowel. Water, vitamins, short-chain fatty acids, etc, but NOT protein and fat to build and maintain your body. Not the building materials. The bulk of nutrition humans thrive on comes from animal foods, not vegetables.

Everything else that your body cannot absorb from the vegetable turns into bloating and gas, which is a clear sign of your body expelling something that shouldn't be in there in the first place.

THIS is why nobody should go full vegan and why I personally recommend limiting (but it's not necessary to completely cut it out) how many vegetables a person consumes.

Now since eating primarily vegetables is really bad for you, excluding the "too much of anything is bad" rule, then with the relationship it'd have to a meat based diet, it's worse than fully meat. Eating nothing but meat, especially a lot of it in one sitting without drinking enough water, can most certainly fuck up your kidneys like all hell. The only reason why vegetables are worse is because we have a predatory digestive system, which is not built to absorb nutrients from plant matter. Which is why I say 80/20. Mostly meat, few vegetables. Fruit's better since it's not a starch and it doesn't contain the same estrogen-like chemicals that plants do.

I'm sorry... THIS is your antithetical argument after all this time? THIS is what you have to offer? There's only one thing that I can take away from this comment and that's the following, since this is the second time you've hardly made an argument:

"It's all about finding a diet that suits your physiology."

This is true, but to a very limited extent. Ultimately, no human being can absorb everything they need from vegetables and every human being requires meat to sustain themselves, but as stated earlier, if a specific vegetable does not bother you, I am not saying to stop eating it. Eat it if you want, my point is that it's not a healthy thing to consume. Putting vegetables inside your body, especially ones with celluose, is about the same as fueling your car with water.

Not only are you seemingly unable to understand what I'm talking about, but you don't seem able to communicate yours. I never said humans can't digest grass (although they can't, obviously), I said we can't digest plant matter. Grass and vegetables ARE plant matter. I only said grass to be specific in what the cow was eating, but you could just as easily feed it a carrot and it'd be absolutely fine and make no difference. It's just, for it, grass is the most available form of plant matter it can consume.

If you've got something to say, give me something substantial or this conversation between us is over.

Well, if I were you, I'd reconsider my stance on leafy greens, but at least you've decided that going full-vegan is a bad idea, so all in all, I wish you luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
  18. Ah, willing to put it to the test yourself, I see! Well, good luck, man.

Future role model likes this.
  19. Oh I'm already done with it, tried it for few months and it wasn't bad, but I had some digestion problems, all those veggies made me a bit gassy. Honestly I haven't experienced much benefits. I was working out intensely so my physique was on points, but I don't think it's the most optimal way of eating for me.

Deleted Account and marsha124 like this.