1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Went on my first date!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Smaky, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Smaky

Smaky Fapstronaut

Hey all, I finally get to share the post I've been waiting to write since I started this NoFap journey. I went on the first date of my life last Saturday and it was great! We really connected well and I'm seeing her again this weekend.

I'm still nervous going forward, of course, but I'm glad to finally get this milestone after years of loneliness and self-pity.

2. Alexhexvans

Alexhexvans Fapstronaut

awesome! im proud of you, you went next level, thats a big courage you have!

vibemaker, clarkjo12 and Smaky like this.
  3. Mixtec

Mixtec Fapstronaut

Well I'm that means theres hope for the rest of us lol....do tell us how you did it man

Cymbaline47 and vibemaker like this.
  4. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Awesome man! I'm happy for you!

InfinitePossibilities likes this.
  5. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

Sitting in the garden, watching clouds, being happy while contemplating your experience :) thank you!

vibemaker likes this.
  6. Bran Cao

Bran Cao Fapstronaut

Great man! good life follows.

7. Zaixes

Zaixes Fapstronaut

This is awesome! this reminds me why I found nofap! congrats!

8. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Yea boi!
    Keep it light and low-stress - and have fun!

Atlanticus likes this.
  9. Smaky

Smaky Fapstronaut

I actually got set up by my friend's fiance! Obviously not quite as impressive as actually doing it myself, but hey, baby steps :)

Quick update, we've been on three dates now and it's been going pretty good! This is such a new experience for me that I constantly wonder if I'm doing this "right". My friends have all been very supportive, and I'm thankful for that. Speaking of which, I want to thank all of you for your support as well! I've been very blessed by your responses.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Zaixes

Zaixes Fapstronaut

Good luck! And remember, if you have a target(which is her), ALWAYS AIM HIGHER!

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Did you get that first date kiss?

12. Mixtec

Mixtec Fapstronaut

Man I am feeling a little envious now that your telling us you had help and it's been 3 dates you've had....I know my time is coming around soon. Let us know when you get the 1st kiss or when she decides to bring you around her friends and family...

13. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Who cares how it's set up - a date's a date, man! Run with it!

Some others have posted about kissing on the third date, really: don't stress about that, you'll just overthink it and make it awkward and it won't happen. Focus instead on having a good time with her, getting to know her, finding out what she likes, and finding out what kind of person she is. If you really are thinking about the physicality of it all, focus first on holding her hand and work your way up from there. Keep things light & flirty and don't be afraid of getting wrapped up in great conversations!

I can safely say there is no real "right" way to date or do things, only ways of doing things that are better than others, and some that are decidedly wrong. For example, there is no "right" way to break up, but a text message is not the way to do it. It all varies with the situation and person. I've been going out with a girl for 11 months now, and I am still just making it up as I go along! Just be kind and don't be a dick and you should do all right.

Smaky and Mixtec like this.
  14. You're so lucky man!

I hope you have a great time! Best of luck!

15. Way to go brotha!!!

16. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

EXCELLENT news, guy! Power to ya!!!