1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Well This is a Painful Irony

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by AllanTheCowboy, May 23, 2017.

1. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

I'm having a hard time at the moment, being fairly sad and lonely. I'm sick and it makes it a little more pointed that I'm alone since no one is here taking care of me in any way, as we used to do for each other. It's not that I can't take care of myself, just that my wife is more pointedly absent.

And in the least tolerable twist to this situation, the only person I want to turn to for support in handling it is the one who's not here. So that's punching me pretty hard in the feels.

Duke of Gine likes this.
  2. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

Allan, I'm sorry you are in pain tonight. I imagine there must be times when your separation from your wife must be especially difficult. Anniversaries, photos, places, mementos... must bring back those memories and make you feel empty, lonely, and depressed. Thank you for turning to us in your time of need. Even though you are not currently feeling loved and appreciated by your wife, I hope you feel loved and appreciated by us. You are a good person. I'm sorry she hasn't seen that yet. We are a poor substitute for the one you love, but I hope we are enough to get you through the night. Be well my friend.

3. AllanTheCowboy

4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I am sorry you are feeling down tonight. I was single for a very long time before I met my fiancé and being sick and single was the worst! You do feel alone. Or needing a ride to the doctors or picked up from a medical procedure. Sure you prob have friends to help but it's not the same. I called my Mom :) she's not close by me but at least she cared. I developed a strong network of close friends that were also single that helped and When all else failed I ordered some good take out and binge watched a cheesy show on Netflix from my childhood. Getting over a marriage is so hard, the grieving, the memories, the pain is so tough. The only thing I can say is kmow it will get better. This is only temporary pain and you have something else waiting for you. Try not to look back you don't live there anymore. Try to think of all the positive ways you have changed! Hang in there.

Bel likes this.
  5. AllanTheCowboy

I will not be "getting over" anything. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, regardless of anything that happens. And somehow this is going to be repaired; it's going to take a miracle but it's been made clear that one is coming. Whether in 10 days or 40 years, I will persevere until then.

6. Duke of Gine

Duke of Gine Fapstronaut

We're all here for you

7. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I hope that you are able to repair your marriage and get through this difficult time. My apologies I read your post to say your wife had left you and you were trying to move on from that, my bad!

8. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Get well soon!!

9. AllanTheCowboy

Thanks. :)