1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ways I've tried to improve my life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TMJOhn, Nov 23, 2014.

1. TMJOhn

TMJOhn Fapstronaut

I use to do this list in the past but at times I would stop due to my emotional slumps.Whatever you live and learn right? I am trying to recommit myself to this list and feel it would be useful during my noFap journey.

Meditation (10-30 minutes depending on how long I've been meditating)
    Concentration exercises (15-40 minutes depending on how long I've been doing them for)
    Prayers before night
    Lifting weights (especially heavy I like to do 5x5)
    Daily writing in my journal (like to do it during night time)
    Cardio 3 times a week ( I have a sport I like to do and it makes it easier that way)
    Reading
    Practising on my writing (something new I've added to my list, great writing exercises on the web)
    Going to the temple, church or mosque (weekends)
    Any form of volunteering (3 hours a week)
    Visualisation (something new I've added)

I've slowly been trying to re-commit myself and pick up one thing at a time

2. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

Well done, this is really good for you. Concentrating on building our lives is key to removing addiction. You are definitely on the right track. The important thing now is to keep going.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."

Good luck,
    DS.

3. TMJOhn

TMJOhn Fapstronaut

4. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

5x5 is brutal! Gets some awesome results though.

5. TMJOhn

TMJOhn Fapstronaut

ya it's a classic workout out though and pretty simple :)

6. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

7. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

What writing exercises do you refer to?

8. TMJOhn

TMJOhn Fapstronaut

I haven't really started any writing exercises, but before I used to write in my journal and free write.

http://www.practicalcreativewriting.com/creative-writing-exercises/

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Writing-Practice.htm

Hope these websites help, I find a really effective way to become a better writer is to read much more and just practise writing.Writing is like a muscle, practise makes perfect. Whenever I use to read books, if there was a quote I liked from the book or a word I did not understand I would copy it onto my notebook ( the words I did not understand would be in the back and the quotes would be at the front of my notebook). This is a great way to analyze the structure of how a book is written, something many people do not do

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014