1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching people on their first date

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Marik757, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Anyone else go into an public setting like an coffee shop, book store, etc and encounter an couple on their first date?

Since starting NoFap I stopped the "why I cant get an date," and became more aware of my surroundings. I began listening to the couples conversation as I was doing my own things.

Some dates were just major fails... one couple i encountered was nothing but awkward silences. The guy kept asking the girl what she wants to talk about, but her response was idk. Both kept looking at phones. He brought up star wars, but the women said she didnt know much about it. He kept talking about it though. Then proceeds to say "I dont know how we got to this topic..."

One date though I observed was an learning experiences.

An couple was in the middle of their date at dunkin donuts when I walked in. He was an off duty cop and talked about his experiences on the job, and funny things related to it. He was upbeat and laughing about himself at things he's done.

When the conversation hit an dead-end he always had something else to talk about. It's like he prepared an list of things about himself he wanted to talk about ahead of time.

The thing though with sharing his stories he engaged the woman. He asked her questions on the topic such as Have you ever...? what would you think if...? What would you have done if...? Depending on her response he would challenge it, then joke about it to start an new topic. I wanted to applaud this dude.

As someone with no confidence when it comes to dating. I feel being able to observe others on an first date is good experience. For some raisin it builds my confidence when I see an couple on an date having awkward silences and going no where... I feel like I want to jump in once the date is over. Ha...

2. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I remember going to a burger joint in Korea, and a couple were having that awkward silence type of date. Aside from that though, I don't think I've witnessed many first dates (at least, that I was aware of?...)

It had the same type of confidence boost for me as well. Even though I haven't had some great date moments, it's never been filled with such a huge amount of awkward silence

3. SpoonDog

SpoonDog Fapstronaut

For me the key is always preparation and having topics in your back pocket to keep the conversation going.

There’s a popular TV programme over here called First Dates where people are filmed in that predicament. Can never bring myself to watch it though, I couldn’t stand to watch the awkward silence type dates.

4. i dont wathc other people because their reality souldnt concern me