1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wassuuuuuup I’m new

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Bimbo Swaggins, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Bimbo Swaggins

Bimbo Swaggins New Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

Even tho my username is weird you can just call me J. I’m 18 going off to college and I’ve been a PMO addict when I was 13-14 and I’ve quit ever since but I still find myself relapsing sometimes quite a lot. I’ve gone on a long streak but I just moved to the United States for college and the move messed up all my routine and I relapsed. My goal is to quit for good but my smaller goal is to go at least off for 3 weeks. If I can pass that mark it’ll be easier. If you guys got any tips or anything that’ll be great. Currently I don’t have anybody I can call friends in my area and my days aren’t very consistent. Anyway. Thanks for having me!

J

Mellow Mike likes this.
  2. Mellow Mike

Mellow Mike New Fapstronaut

Hey J!
    Changes in environment and routine are definitely tough. The worst year of my life, abstinence-wise, was heavily due to being in a new place with no close friends for an extended period of time.

Do not despair! For you can establish a new routine that works for you once the dust has settled from your relocation. Seek out what kept you on track before in your new environment. If you are religious, integrate with your Church denomination’s congregation ASAP. You will make friends in due time, just make sure they are ones who will not push you in the wrong direction. College is tough because we all want to fit in, and peer pressure to live certain degenerate lifestyles can be abundant. When you live such a lifestyle, it isn’t long after that you begin to degrade yourself such as with masturbation.

You seem to have stronger willpower by yourself than I do, that is why I am always so dependent on a supportive community. Even though they’re not there to support abstinence directly, that support comes as side effect of just living with good people.

Stay strong and don’t get discouraged, you’re self awareness is miles ahead of many

3. Kaizen9909

Kaizen9909 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forum J, congratulations.

The best method of doing that is going to the gym, and doing many excercises, a lot of fun social activities (I was doing theater performance with a friend and a lot of unknown people when I started, something really new for me), til you're tired.

The challenge was too hard for me because I'm still locked in my room great part of the time. So, another great method of keeping consistent is think that the bed is only for sleeping. But the great solution is what I wrote to you previously. This is my experience, I'm on the 25th day and somedays are sooo difficult (Like today, I posted something about that), but I'm feeling great than other times I was living during my teenage. I have 18 like you too.

I hope that this will help you. Keep rockin' !