1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Was the breakup rash?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I just want to preface this by saying that if any of what I'm articulating comes across as arrogant in anyway shape or form then try to reinterpret it. I have a really bad tendency to attract antagonism in what ever I write. Sorry:S.

I'm a 17 year old male attending high school and I'm just looking for a outsiders perspective on a few current events in my life.

My ex-girlfriend who is nearly the same age as me began dating somewhere at the beginning of the year and everything had been absolutely wonderful. It had gotten just as serious as a high school relationship could get and we were both very happy as far as I know.

She's a very shy introvert and I'm an extrovert. I'd also like to mention that this is the first person that I've dated who has been to this degree of shy. I also know that she is currently taking medication and that she routinely sees a therapist for her self esteem issues (Her self esteem issues are completely irrational it's actually impressive.) After she told me about them I was 100 percent willing to help her with whatever issue she had and I've been nothing but supportive in that regard.

She is also somewhat of a writer and some of the stuff she has written about me is actually astonishingly beautiful. Nothing but positive emotions. It's almost like she has a case of synesthesia when she writes because you can tell the words are almost like colors.

One day prior we hung out and she was the happiest I had ever seen her. Usually I was the one to make advances which I'm perfectly fine but she was making moves and was just.... happy. I don't think I can put it into words. It was just incredible how emotions just flowed and nothing was forced. We both felt it.

The next day she told me she was not feeling well. She couldn't really explain it but I also routinely have those days so I can see her point of view. For the most part she was fine. Conversation went as usual and words of admiration where exchanged just like any other day. At the end of the day I had a hunch that maybe she was mad at me. So I did what any guy would have done and she said that I hadn't done anything. Well it doesn't stop there.

Usually after school we are huddled together (It's 15 degrees outside plus a cute girl?? What am I suppose to do??). She got close then as I asked her if she was sure she wasn't mad she just kinda pushed herself away and just went to talk to her friends which is kind of weird. When she left she didn't offer a goodbye and as I called her name she just kept walking.

She didn't respond to my text of me asking what was wrong until she sent me the breakup text. She claimed that we didn't have enough in common to have a good relationship which I find to be false. We share the same taste in music and we also have very similar goals. I asked if we could talk about it and she just said no. I've texted her once asking that she keeps this to our selfs and that we don't let our friends influence any opinion which she agreed.

I haven't spoken or seen her since as I think it's appropriate to give a bit of space to breath. I've tried getting into why she thinks that way. We do have differences. She's more into literature and movies and she has common fan girly interest which I don't take apart in.

I've narrowed it down to her thinking that commonality is a baseline. ("We don't have some things in common." has turned to "We don't have anything in common" is what I'm getting at. )She keeps moving the bar to where she desires which I don't think is acceptable. Before she was very accepting of me having different interest and she understood that we were products of that of which we have experienced. We have different backgrounds therefor different interest.

I also think that for the most part commonality is just the tip of the iceberg of a relationship.
    We were happy for at least 85 percent of the relationship. I don't feel like her premise gives a valid conclusion to think that it's not ok to talk about.

I'm not torn up about it but I still don't think that it necessarily warrants a breakup. I understand that I don't need to rely on external happiness and general feelings of animosity after a usual breakup has faded.( Meditation is powerful)

I guess I'm looking for answers on why any of this might be the case and also get an idea of what I'll need to do to talk to her about this.

If you have stayed this far into this post I congratulate you. Comments are even more appreciative. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. jatar

jatar Fapstronaut

I might not be the most qualified person to answer this question as I've only ever been in a relationship with one girl (though we managed to go through 3 breakups in a span of 3 years), but seeing that no one else is answering I thought I'd give you my perspective. Just keep in mind that I might be totally wrong.

Anyway, here are the thoughts I had when I read your post:

1. Are you sure that the breakup was 'rash'? In other words are you sure that your relationship was great before you broke up? Sometimes it's easy to get blinded by your feelings and not see the relation worsening. From your post I gather that you had no reason to suspect your relationship was deteriorating (she didn't grow more distant etc.), and you seem like an observant guy so I guess you would've noticed something was amiss, but maybe it's worth thinking about when looking for reasons.

2. Having common interests is not vital for a good relationship. There are lots of couples who don't really share the same interests, but it's the chemistry between them that makes their relationships work. There are tons of 'neutral' activities you can share and enjoy together, plus you can try and introduce each other to you interests or find new ones that you both will enjoy.

3. There is also the possibility that she isn't giving you the true reasons for why she broke up with you. Her refusal to discuss your differences makes it probable in my mind. She might've chosen to give you 'nothing in common' reason because on the surface it looks like a valid and serious cause for a breakup. Maybe there are external circumstances that she has no control over that make it difficult for her to be with you? When my ex broke up with me for the first time she gave me a reason that, just like in your case, made no sense in my mind, and it later turned out to be not quite true.

If I were you I would give her some time, and then try to get in casual contact with her. Keeping in touch with her might give you some insight into what she is thinking about the breakup. I definitely wouldn't demand that she talk with you about that or gives you the real reason as she already said why she broke up with you and refused to go into more details, so pressing the matter further will probably make her want to avoid talking to you at all for fear of confrontation she doesn't want.

Like I said, keep in mind that I am not a relationship expert and if you feel that I am wrong in any of my observations, then you're probably right :).

Good luck to you!

3. Wow someone actually replied!! Haha. Thanks for the input.

As time has gone on I feel like I might have learned the reason why we did break up. Sadly, it is becoming harder to talk to her. As I think I mentioned in my previous post she is very shy and I'm sure that she finds it very difficult to just face what is bothering her and communicate with people which is not the case with me.

My case being that I probably got a little too physical. I was planning on talking to her today but she said shy was "busy" yet she opted to just hang around me and my friends. She also was getting more close to me then she first did after the breakup. Really strange but I just feel like I need to make her comfortable and she will let me talk so we can share perspectives.

If it doesn't work out I'll be fine either way. Many cute girls in my classes and a lot of opportunities to have more flirty relationships which I can get into.

Good luck in your endevours.:D

4. jatar

jatar Fapstronaut

It's good to hear that you're closer to getting to know the reason behind your breakup. Maybe she's coming out of her shell now that you've shown her that you're cool and not mad about what happened between you. It might be that she was scared of the breakup (of hurting you etc.), since she is socially awkward and maybe never had to break up with anyone before.

It's even better that you're moving on. I think there's no reason for you to dwell on a relationship that ended the way yours did.

5. 1stworldviews16

1stworldviews16 New Fapstronaut

Revenge Your Ex

Each day hundreds of men and women seek revenge on their ex-mates for a
    variety of reasons, usually because they got dumped or where cheated on.
    Revenge comes in many ways. It typically starts by using social media to
    vent, and then escalates from there. Now sites like "Get Revenge On Your Ex"
    for a fee will help you get pay back or revenge.

So what is the best way to get revenge besides slashing her tires, posting
    nude photos of her and so on.

The best way according to the web site Right Choices 101 is to live your
    life well. This is true no matter who you are seeking revenge on. Coworkers,
    past bosses, bad friends or ex-lovers. Put your energy into succeeding and
    enjoying your life, not wasting your time, energy and resources on revenge
    that can end up costing you much more. Plus, when you seek revenge, you send
    them a massage that you have not gotten over the relationship. It's much
    better to show you are indifferent and don't care.

According to Kenneth Agee of A Foreign Affair, a service that specializes in
    helping men find young beautiful foreign women, "The best revenge is to date
    or marry a women 10 years younger than your ex. This will piss her off to no
    end. No woman ever wants to be replaced with a younger, more attractive
    woman. Just like a man never likes to get replaced by a guy who is wealthier
    or more successful.

I will never forget one of my first clients we took to Saint Petersburg,
    Russia." says Agee, "The client told me that two days on our tour was better
    than two years of therapy. Having hundreds of attractive women fighting over
    you gets your ex out of your mind pretty quick.

I personally went through break up when my ex ran off with another man. But
    a short time later, I met a new lady who was ten times better. I ran into
    that man who stole my ex and I gave him a big thanks. In fact, I could not
    thank him enough. He was stuck with an older nagging women, while I was now
    with a young, beautiful, caring women. Plus, my ex had gained about 100
    pounds. I don't look at that fellow as any kind of enemy but as the person
    who saved me from my ex and years of suffering." This is the best a revenge
    when you win without lowering yourself.

Other sites like "Get Over Her Now" give practical advice and tips for
    getting over a past relationship.

Top Tips from Get Over Her Now:

Start making platonic relationships with as many women as possible, old,
    young, skinny, fat, cute or ugly. This greatly helps you get back in the
    game of socializing with the opposite sex. And it opens up lots
    opportunities to meet their cute attractive friends in a more relaxed
    environment. This also helps you build your game and confidence.

Improve yourself, start working out, get up early every day and exercise.

Buy new clothes. Dressing better makes you feel better and improves your
    confidence.

Focus on work and getting a promotion or raise. Don't let a break up effect
    your work negatively. Put that extra effort into work and it will pay off
    with a better position and more money. This will also build your confidence
    and help attract better quality women.

Any time you are depressed, improving yourself helps greatly. When you feel
    depressed, don't sit and watch TV and then sleep-in late. Get out and do
    something that will make you feel like you've accomplished something. Take a
    class, go hiking, fix something you've been putting off.

Don't start drinking. Drinking will always have a negative impact on your
    life. Don't drink while depressed or when you are trying to get over some
    one. After all, drinking is for celebrating. So if you are not celebrating
    something, don't drink. A quality women is not going to be attracted to
    someone who drinks a lot or has a drinking problem.

Don't sleep in; sleeping late increases depression. Get up as early as you
    can and go for a walk, take a hike, or go to the Gym. Research shows getting
    up early and exercising can eliminate depression. You will have no game be
    depressed.

Don't binge eat. If you start gaining weight, you will feel less self-worth
    and lose your confidence. Confidence is a quality that women are extremely
    attracted to.

Conclusion, the best revenge is when you improve your life so well that she
    realizes she made a big mistake. And satisfaction comes when you meet
    someone so much better, you are glad the ex is gone. After all, if you are
    seeking revenge, how great could she really have been in the first place!

intoxicateddoof likes this.
  6. Green_Tea

Green_Tea Fapstronaut

Just move on (easier said than done, I know), if you treated her well then she will come running back someday.

7. Fatsodubmo

Fatsodubmo Fapstronaut

Your young. Take this as a lesson learned and keep this experience with you. The lesson is....some bitches are just fucked up. Better to just move on to greener pastures my man