1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to buy something for SO...

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by CieroWake, Jul 16, 2018.

1. CieroWake

CieroWake Fapstronaut

Dear all,

Ive been doing well so far with no PMO. My GF doesnt know about my PMO history and she'll never know I guess.

Anyways I want to buy her something sexy (lingerie/outfit) to enjoy while we are on holiday. However looking for it might trigger me....How to approach this problem?

2. So are you buying this for her to enjoy or for you to enjoy? Like, is this a gift you want to buy her with her interests in mind or with your own interests in mind?

3. CieroWake

CieroWake Fapstronaut

For us both, she likes to wear it sometimes during sex and I like her in it. Its pretty normal. Its just that I will have to look to all these picture of models wearing the stuff.. I fear I might be triggered

4. Are you sure you aren’t trying to make excuses for yourself to look at these things? “P-subs”? Is buying lingerie really worth the risk of relapse?

Maybe a good middle ground is a piece of jewelry? Doesn’t have to be expensive... or triggering.

For what it’s worth, if I was aware of any model-less lingerie websites I would tell you.

5. Why will she never know? What are your reasons for not telling her?

I don't see how shopping for women's lingerie won't be a trigger. Why don't you let her buy her wardrobe and you focus on the scented candles?

Can you see how by not telling her you are already boxing yourself in between your secret and your sobriety?

Peace,
    -Quinn