1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall Climbing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 9, 2018.

1. I’ve been wanting to get into climbing for years. But due to procrastination, largely because I was clinging to PMO, nothing ever happened. It was just all talk.

Well last month I did a class at REI and now I’m hooked. I signed up at a gym with several walls and am going to make climbing my daily routine for Tuesdays.

I signed up two weeks ago and have gone two Tuesdays so far. There’s a wall that really kicked my butt this last time and now it’s my goal for next time.

I think wall climbing is going to be a big help in this struggle to get away from the PMO lifestyle. I enjoy it, gets me out of the house, I haven’t met anyone other than the staff member that belays for me but hopefully I will meet other climbing enthusiasts, also there’s a lot of steps to progress in this sport so little chance of getting bored with it.

There are harder walls to climb then eventually I can start going outside and get into rock climbing and bouldering.

I’ve even bought my own climbing shoes.

Anyone else out there gotten into climbing?

2. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

I used to climb a bit when I was younger. I'm a college prof and I used to take some of my students to a nearby climbing wall. Great exercise. I was not a great technical climber and relied on hand and upper body strength rather than legs. I went climbing on a local wall with my son about a year ago. Now that I'm in my mid 60's my hand and upper-body strength has diminished but I still think it is WAY COOL.

Deleted Account likes this.