1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Voice quality is a psychological thing!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Peacekeeper, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

Hello fellow fapstronauts!

I've been reading how NoFap sometimes changes men's voice to a more confident, low pitched, deeper voice. This is something I have experienced my self as in my puberty and adolescence I had the classic high pitched "rat" voice. When I first got into meditation it was te first thing I noticed. My voice changed to a lower registry. It was amazing! I started to sound like a man and everyone around me noticed the change.

I have read that deep voice is something you develop due to hormonal changes in puberty leading to some physiological changes, but I have found that this is not exactly true. I believe that your mental state has a big impact on how your voice sounds.

In general, when I feel confident and mentally strong my voice starts to sound deeper and in return my deep voice makes me even more confident! But when I have periods in my life when I'm depressed or anxious (especially when I'm anxious) and it's prolonged for a relatively long period of time my voice sounds high pitched again! And it doesn't matter if I try to use my lower registry, it just doesn't sound deep and even when I sing I can't hit lower notes.

My conclusion on this is that how your voice sounds depends on your mental and psychological state, not something static that occurs in puberty due to hormonal changes.

I wish I could show you this (I have recorded my voice before and after and there is a significant difference), but I'm a little bit embarrassed to do it lol :p

2. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Cool stuff man keep up the goodness brother I like the username :D

Peacekeeper likes this.
  3. Gionel

Gionel Guest

You are right! My voice is hoarse when I experience a lot of stress. No stress = nice low voice :).

Illusive Man likes this.
  4. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Reminds of this flick mate :)

[​IMG]

5. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Dammit man what wolf den did you crawl out of with that many likes?!?!?!

6. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Speaking of wolves, I can smell a fresh pack nearby:

7. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

That's why when you hear someone with a nice low voice you automatically respect him, it says a lot.

Illusive Man likes this.
  8. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

I think it would be related to healthy hormonal levels too probably right?

But ya like inflection and stuff is all in the mind.

9. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

Yes, it definitely has to do with testosterone, otherwise women would have low voices too.

But there is more to it than just a physiological thing as I stated in the first post.

Illusive Man likes this.
  10. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Well look at me just reading the title of your thread and not the post :oops: