1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Violin

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 18, 2018.

1. I am a music major. I play violin. I go to school at a conservatory, I take lessons, and I still sound like shit. I have to constantly think about every single note, otherwise it goes out of time. I am tired of working so hard just to produce an okay sound. I didn't practice for the past few days because I dreaded the practice. I am just tired of working hard and not progressing.

kropo82 likes this.
  2. NathanJackson

NathanJackson New Fapstronaut

I advise you to go to the courses and diversify your game

3. RebeccaKerr

RebeccaKerr New Fapstronaut

I like music very much, but because of the quarantine, I could not study with a teacher. Then my father found distance learning courses and I already know one song on my guitar.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  4. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Violin is really challenging. :)

5. Ever try woodwinds? You can sound really good really fast depending on the instrument, and all you have to do is raise and lower your fingers.

6. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Which one you've tried? I hear woodwinds like clarinet, etc are very difficult!

• Tin whistle/Low whistle
    • Uilleann Pipes
    • Dizi (Chinese flute)
    • Irish Flute
    • Native American Flute
    Although I haven't played a chromatic flute yet, I would say that the flute/whistle family in general is very beginner-friendly. I played the Oboe in elementary school and I don't remember it being that difficult in terms of fingering. Most of the difficulty probably comes from the reed. Clarinets, I imagine, are even easier since they have a single reed. If you MUST play classical music, then a flute or piccolo is probably a good place to start. It just depends on what sounds you like.

Hadrian3 likes this.
  7. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

But my friend always speak like the woodwinds are very difficult. She has tried a variety of instruments like Guitar and Harmonica.

I really love the woodwinds and if I love something over violin that would be woodwinds. But now have to stick with what I have and later will go for a woodwind too.