1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Crew Love, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Crew Love

Crew Love Fapstronaut

During my current streak of 31 days, I've come to lose almost all interest in video games. I'll play one for twenty minutes or so, before I then get bored and turn it off. I just don't get a kick, so to speak, from video games as I once did prior to beginning my NoFap journey.

Has anyone else experienced this happening? Is there any possible explanation behind it?

Air0 likes this.
  2. Air0

Air0 Fapstronaut

I like to use video games as a distracter. Some nights I wake up really early and can't fall back to sleep. In the past I would pmo but now I play a match or two and urges go away. What games do you play?

3. Crew Love

Crew Love Fapstronaut

FIFA, among other games. I used to be able to play them for hours when I had nothing else to do, but they just don't appeal to me as much nowadays.

4. Same here.

For me I think it’s because before I would find the games so exciting and get so lost in them.
    Now I realize it’s just a game and it doesn’t mean nothing so it’s meh.

Maybe if a really good new game comes out it will interest you.

5. Crew Love

Crew Love Fapstronaut

That's what I've started to realise too! At the end of the day, the outcome of the game doesn't necessarily affect your life whatsoever.

You're probably right, though, regarding new games being released. That being said, I don't really plan on investing as many hours as I have done in the past into any upcoming games.

Reborn16 likes this.
  6. Ultimately they can be a fun time waster if you’re bored, but they shouldn’t be the forefront of your day or life.

That’s how I used to treat video games. Playing hours a day like it’s my life.

7. Seebass

Seebass Fapstronaut

I used to be really into video games and other nerdy stuff. Not anymore. Video games have gotten boring, and I can't stand just watching movies & TV Shows constantly. I even uninstalled steam and deleted every video game I have. It's also getting more difficult for me to stand people that do those things all the time. I'm tired of having life, excitement, and adventure pass me by with losers that don't have anything meaningful or interesting in their lives.

Now, I just want to play music, go to the gym, read books, dance ballroom, and shoot guns.
    I'd also like to get into amateur rally racing, just for some danger in my life, lol.

Reborn16 likes this.
  8. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I packed up my playstation over 6 months ago, I would have got next to no $ for it so it's collecting dust in the cupboard... And I may use it one day, sparingly, for nostalgia.

Only recently have I weighed up the possibly of bringing it back into my life, but I don't have the time. I've replaced it in a way, and if it came back - similar to pmo - it would replace things that I value more.

So maybe that's a good explanation, we find more meaningful things to do, get a greater sense of achievement from washing the car than conquering that level online, and move on...

I would not say no to 1 hour of gaming when I do recover. But in all honesty, I can think of 100 things I'd rather do right now, so that 1 hour will have to wait.

9. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

Well said, shit is a waste of life.

10. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

Playing a few different games now:
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Assassin's Creed Revelations
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops II

11. oneotwo

oneotwo Fapstronaut

well im wait... for the red dead redemption 2