1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game limiting?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Plaximos, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Plaximos

Plaximos Fapstronaut

Hey NoFap, My nickname is Plax or Plaximos. I'm new to this journey. I have decided alongside doing hard mode. I also want to limit or stop me investing so much time into gaming and more time into positive things like fitness, self improvement, yoga, mediation and much much more. What are your thoughts on this idea? I feel like gaming is a good stress reliever but I also feel like gaming can be detrimental to your health and as far as video games go. It doesn't really help you out in conversations unless the person your talking to is a nerd or into gaming. Therefore, I would rather lead this time to something more positive and uplifting.

2. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

Hey there! Gaming indeed provides good stress relief, and limiting the videogaming time (when it's in excess) could definitely be beneficial.
    A little friendly tip: don't go about trying to change too many things at once; the subconscious system usually doesn't cooperate well with major changes in everyday behavior (i.e., way of life). (With this, keep in mind that quitting PMO is a helluva change to one's life.) For me, few tiny changes (so long as they're consistent) are the ones that can really mark a change - you can go for new ones once those few have settled after a good while; don't underestimate the gradual concentration of little points of improvement over time! ;)

3. Plaximos

Plaximos Fapstronaut

Thanks Amaranth Much Love. -Plaximos