1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian Cuisine

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lord of the Ocean, Apr 24, 2018.

I want to be a vegan hero?

1. I just need to stop masturbating away my power

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I just need to start eating 100% plant-based

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Lord of the Ocean

Lord of the Ocean Fapstronaut

Have you ever tried it? Are you vegan?

I want to discuss different vegetables and fruits here. Nuts, grains, and legumes also.

Vegetarian music welcome.

2. Nofap & Veganism = godmode!! :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Been vegetarian since childhood. I have experimented with vegan days here and there, with good results (makes me feel good). I think I would like to cut down eggs and dairy to maybe once or twice per week, getting my produce from local farms where possible. Full veganism will be difficult for me, but maybe one day.

Love Macka B too, saw him playing a festival here in UK :)

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I did try it for a week, then I realised it wasn’t for me. I like the flavour of meat :p

5. rocworthy24

rocworthy24 Fapstronaut

yup, plant based diet here.Dont like the vegan label, its more so for the animals and abstaining from all animal product, food or not, which I don't really care for as much. I'm considering adding fish to my diet though because I'm worried about my low intake levels of the omega fats (epa/dha) since I don't really like nuts and have to force myself to eat them, at least I like avocados.

6. Yeah, that's one of many things I could not part with. :D

Moon Shot, LEPAGE and MLMVSS like this.
  7. I think chia seeds and hemp seeds are good for that. I sprinkle them on lots of stuff, and you can't even tell they're there cuz they're so tiny.

8. I just mentioned this in another thread, but there's a YouTube channel called PickUpLimes that I really enjoy. The girl who runs it is a registered nutritionist, and she's vegan, so she has a lot of good recipes and tips. I recently made her homemade vegan nutella recipe, and its super good. Really nice for a sweet dessert-like thing that isn't nearly as unhealthy as like ice cream or cake or something. I used it as dip on some pretzels last night, and it was super yummy.

9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

881040d07c68eba07157509c82bcaed9332fddc86bf565b16fed1248453ec97e_1.gif

10. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Have you considered supplements? Always check the label to make sure they are vegan. I take a vegan multi-vitamin/minerals pill and a vegan omega 3-6-9 pill every day. The omega pill contains seaweed extracts (which I don't fancy eating!), neither are particularly pricey.

11. I was going to ask this question too to see if there are any other vegans and veggies here. I've been vegetarian for about 3 years, and recently started attempting to be vegan. I;ve cut out milk, cheese, eggs and yogurt (as well as meat anfd fish of course) but don't consider myself fully vegan yet, as I am using up the honey I had in my cupboard and still have leather bags and shoes, but am replacing everything with cruelty free alternatives. It feels great, like I am finally living in line with my true self. I have found Deliciously Ella's recipes to be really good so far and made the sweet potato brownies this week which are great. I have the book Peace & Parsnips which is a vegan recipe book which is quite good, he tells you all about the different grains you could try, how to set up your store cupboard etc and it is quite an inspiring book with creative recipes.

12. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Use flax seeds an sprinkle them on your food. Getting Omega 3 is really easy and you only really have to eat Omega 3 rich foods if you eat a high Omega 6 diet which are many animal products and vegetable oils. Most natural foods actually contain a healthy Omega 6:Omega 3 ration which is about 2:1 to 4:1

13. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

If you wear your old leather stuff that's fine. I'd consider you a Vegan. Many Vegans wear out there old leather clothes because throwing them in the trash would be a waste. I still have my leather wallet. Just don't buy any new leather.

14. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

A lot of vegans / vegetarians still get fat eating all the sugar and carbs they eat.

15. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Carbs and sugar on their own are not efficient at causing weight gain. Excess sugar is stored as glycogen in muscles and liver and if someone overeats even when having full glycogen stores, carbs can only be stored as fat with a 30% energy loss. Vegans have on average the lowest BMI of all diet groups. In fact they are the only diet group that is on average in the healthy BMI range. Read the Adventist Health Study 2 for that information.

Still refined sugar should be taken out of the diet completely since it has no possitive health effects.

16. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

We’ll I’ve seen a couple people get fatter (or stay the same) after going vegan. There are better diets out there.

17. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

What did they eat? Of course you can get fat as a Vegan. There is enough vegan junkfood and meat subs out there that are very high in calories. Just find me a Vegan who is fat on a whole food high carb low fat diet. You won't find any since getting fat on this diet is nigh impossible. Vegan diets can mean a lot in terms of what one eats so you have to be more specific.

The fact still stand. Vegans on average are the only diet group within the healthy BMI range. https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/100/suppl_1/353S/4576455

Blaming unprocessed carbs for weight gain is completely unfounded since populations getting the majority of their calories from those foods never have a obesity problem.

18. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

There is nothing in meat or seafood that you can't get elsewhere except B12 which can be easily supplemented.

If you're concerned about Omega 3 just eat flax seeds or walnuts for example. You're not missing out on anything.