1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Martial Arts as a way to get your life back!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by dopemonk187, Nov 27, 2018.

1. dopemonk187

dopemonk187 New Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I was hoping you’d be able to give me a little clarity on an idea I’m working on and I’d really appreciate any tips you could give to improve.

I have been a martial artist and trainer for many years and had the idea to create a complete, online program to help guys who are stuck in a deep rut, get their lives and health moving in the right direction through the discipline of martial arts training.

Martial arts has always been a discipline that’s helped me out of really tough times and has multiple benefits like developing discipline and focus, as well as getting you into great shape!

I see soo many men who are really struggling, wanting to make changes so badly, but fighting against their current selves and their bad habits. (One of these people is my oldest friend from school). I want to use my skills to create something that can make a difference and help guys to dig themselves out of that rut and begin to make the changes they know they need to make.

It’s only early days, but this would contain in depth video training materials as well as individual dietary advice tailored to the goals of the student. Then I'm thinking 24/7 messaging and weekly Skype accountability calls with me to help them stay on track. I also work with an expert in self image psychology and am thinking of getting him to help me to create a training manual on mind training to make it a really complete change agent for people.

I was wondering what people in this group think of this idea? I’m currently in the process of speaking with different people to learn a little more and would love to know opinions and some feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I really appreciate it!

2. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

I think it's a great idea. Go for it!

dopemonk187 likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

It sounds great! I've wanted to study martial arts for years but never quite had the time to actually go to classes. However, how doable do you it is to learn via virtual instructor? Would a person really feel themselves progressing?

4. StrongWolf

StrongWolf Fapstronaut

That's a great idea. I for one plan to start practicing martial arts for the first time in my life, I'm 26, something I've always wanted to try out. I'll actually start out with Aikido, since it's fairly popular in my city. What do you think?

5. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

Good for you dude it's never too late to start I've been doing it a few years but gapping always held me back not anymore!!

On the subject of akido I personally think there are much better styles out there
    Akido is a lot of Joint locks and stuff like that and I personally found a lot of them to be not very useful and it's a not a style generally speaking that will get you in good shape. I would recommend boxing kickboxing muay judo or jujitsu. Maybe a stand up style like kickboxing and some grappling with jujitsu for best results.

Whatever you choose good luck and and keep us posted on your results

6. Haggiszen

Haggiszen Fapstronaut

7. Haggiszen

Haggiszen Fapstronaut

Hey

This sounds great. My only advice to you would be maybe not to overstretch yourself with the 24/7 support as a start up. Create an online community on FB and respond when you can. Other than that - go for it - sounds like an amazing initiative!

8. i took taekwondo for 3 years and it did help, but without discipline you wont ever get serious about it, so if i was you i would make a guide to discipline.