Upon This Rock I Will Build My Church

Discussion in 'Under 20' started by IAmHotStuff, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

1. IAmHotStuff

IAmHotStuff New Fapstronaut

Day 0 (The Brittle Rock)

Hi. I'm a teenager. This is the start of my real life.

In the past, I used to be:
    • Whiny
    • Pessimistic
    • Unfocused
    • Unreliable (Tardy, Lazy, Wouldn't obey my parents)
    I'm truly not like that. God gave me potential (like all of us) and I'll make use of it.

Pyramid of Abstract Goals
    The Ultimate Goal:
    Making a Difference

First-Level:
    Dependability
    Total Responsibility

Second-Level:
    Kindness towards everybody.
    Applying myself in everything I do.
    Commanding respect

First-Level:
    Life Hygiene (9 hours of sleep, 3 healthy meals)
    Concrete goals:
    Finish my website
    Invest my capital
    Up to date on homework

Habits I adopt this streak:

Morning routine
    • Waking up at 5 AM. Shower.
    • Deep work from 5:30 to 7:30. Clean workspace.
    • Healthy breakfast.
    Daytime
    • Study during commute.
    Evening routine
    • Homework from 5 to 6.
    • Journaling after homework.
    Nighttime
    • Make lunch at 8:00.
    • Clean room.
    • Prayer.
    • In bed at 8:30.
    Weekends
    • Friday Night Homework.
    • Download audio study material for the week.
    • Continue website during free time.
    • Go to the library and borrow a book to read during the week.
    Quote of the day: “Make the most of yourself....for that is all there is of you.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 6:18 PM
    finallychangemylife likes this.
  2. IAmHotStuff

Day 0 (The Bedrock)

Slept late and relapsed this morning (3 AM). This ruined my productivity today. I've been late on assignments and it makes me feel like a bum and drags me down in class. Lost an hour on the PC from 5 to 6 but, I forgive myself.

I'll reset the counter and get work going, the evening is still somewhat anew.

Quote of the day: “If you try anything, if you try to lose weight, or to improve yourself, or to love, or to make the world a better place, you have already achieved something wonderful, before you even begin. Forget failure. If things don't work out the way you want, hold your head up high and be proud. And try again. And again. And again!”
    ― Sarah Dessen

3. Ju@n

[email protected] Fapstronaut

Damn son. Great goals you got there. I find myself needing discipline and hard work in my life as well. I also believe in God, its nice to see others of the same religion on this site.

I recommend you read *this* article. It provides tons of helpful advice and a pretty decent plan on how to get clean.

Keep up the daily posts, and good luck on your journey.

IAmHotStuff likes this.
  4. IAmHotStuff

Day 2 (The Second Brick)

I skipped a daily update yesterday and relapsed Monday night but its all right, I forgive myself, its not the end of the world.

Been having good night's sleep for the past two days and I feel different in a good way. I feel more normal but, a bit lethargic? I guess my body's getting used to it. Hopefully, I'll get rid of the brain fog soon.

Didn't do much yesterday but, I mostly redeemed myself this evening. Finished one homework of the many I was procrastinating on and its a nice weight off my shoulders.

I haven't followed my schedule rigorously but, Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm still making progress.
    I may skip the early rising for a couple days to get my sleep cycle back on track.

Observations
    • I'm becoming myself again.
    • Talked with a girl whose personality I love today and, with this newfound clarity from not masturbating, I found that she's quite beautiful. Hopefully I'll get to talk with her more.

Still, I keep in mind that those who love me will, those who don't will not and in the end, it doesn't matter because I'm all I've got. So who cares about the rest? I'll be myself unashamed.

Quote of the day:
    “When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Response to [email protected]:
    Thank you for your support and the enlightening article [email protected] Yes, I'm a christian and good to know your one too. I've been doubting for a couple months and stopped going to church regularly though. I hope I'll get back to it. Christianity, its message of love, peace, tolerance and wisdom made me who I am today and I can't let that go. I want to rekindle my faith, and letting go of my sinful self is the first step. I'll make sure to pray for you and I wish for God to be with you on your journey. Have a nice day.

[email protected] likes this.
  5. Ju@n

Ayy I’ll pray for you too. Have a great life.

IAmHotStuff likes this.
  6. IAmHotStuff

Day 0 (The Bedrock)

Relapsed at 19:30 more or less. I think what set me off was my failure to approach a cute girl in the bus. I may have lapsed into my old habits to find some twisted consolation. I won't bring a phone to the toilet ever again.

I did a mistake but I forgive myself. Besides, today was too great of a day to mope around a single wrongdoing.
    I aced an exam, started a team project with my "dream girl" which went extremely well, was super friendly and sociable (maybe too much so)...

However, I couldn't find the courage to approach a girl that caught my eye in the bus for quite some time... I'm simply unsure as to how to proceed. Should I just say hello and talk about whatever? Should I show my interest with a compliment then just improvise? I'm probably overthinking at this point :) . I don't mind anyways. I've got the rest of the year to make a move.

Observations
    • I felt so energized! I couldn't stand still, it was as if I could conquer the world!
    • For once, I was "there". The brain for was gone and every action and movement I made felt precise.
    • I was in a good mood, and nothing could kill my joy. ​
    Today I had a taste of the real me, of my true potential and it is with newfound determination that I continue my journey towards making the most out of my life.

I'll start by demolishing all my homework this weekend as I have a 4 day break. Starting early tomorrow.

Quote of the day: "To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him." Buddha

[email protected] likes this.
  7. Ju@n

I just watched the pilgrims progress animation and it is very motivating. Pmo is one of the things preventing me from reaching heaven. I must have a clear mind and stay vigilant.

8. Ju@n

Yeah, I hate it when I get infinite chances to talk to a girl and just pass it by.
    Also, too often are girls at school the cause of a streak being broken. Hopefully the thot patrol will come to my school and clean it out, and hopefully will my mind be clear. I hate watching other males lust for women, I don’t want me to do the same.