Up the hill we go

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by Wadyguan, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

I'd like to ironically state that my longest streak was 72 days. It was some of the best days i've had. I've recently fallen and i attribute it to not fighting hard as i used, so i'm restarting the fight with this post.

As much as i'd like to say that i've had a good streak going the reality is that i'm not where i used to be. Presently I'm on day 0.

I'm a 24yo Catholic male currently in Business School. PMO has begun to erode my concentration for studying and work. Part of my daily goals is to write here daily to hold accountability for myself. I've experienced the benefits of no PMO, and now i want more than the benefits. i want freedom.

2. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Today was a real test for me. I felt the struggle and the desire to fall into temptation was incredibly strong. Luckily i remembered a post on a forum about relapsing. The link is posted below. Thanks to God i was able to find myself during the struggle and refocus my efforts to continue along this journey.

I've had many failures in my life, many of which could have been avoided. I blame PMO for the failures. When i maintained a 72 day streak i was able to overcome my obstacles and do the great things i was meant to do.

https://catholic4lifeblog.wordpress...te-of-relapsing-sinners-st-alphonsus-liguori/

3. Arms.R.heavy

Arms.R.heavy Fapstronaut

What things were you doing right in your last streak?

4. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Sorry i just saw this. Visiting the forums really helped me. I would try to read a success story a couple times a week. I would also make frequent posts. Prayer helped a lot. I learned that i had to be patient with myself. Now I'm struggling to find the willpower to do it all over again.

Whats helped you?

5. Arms.R.heavy

Arms.R.heavy Fapstronaut

Where do i start :D ; here is what i would recommend:
    • Write your reasons why, set a big compelling goal to draw motivation from. review these daily.
    • Visiting Nofap daily, write an entry in you journal daily.
    • Body weight exercise & cold showers.
    • Practice No-Arousal method & Surf-the-urge method.
    • fill the new found time with new habit or activity.
    • Get an AP.
    • Watch your emotional state.
    • Read everything there is about this addiction.

Wadyguan likes this.
  6. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Lol i'm for sure lacking the cold showers. I don't have an AP, and my nofap visits can be more frequent.

Whats the surf the urge method? I haven't heard of that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Arms.R.heavy

Arms.R.heavy Fapstronaut

Watch this start the video at 43m36s "when she says last intervention", she explains it really well :

Wadyguan likes this.
  8. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Hey thanks for posting this, ill try it out and share it with others!

Arms.R.heavy likes this.
  9. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Hey surf the urge has worked and plenty of friends have found great use from it. Thanks again.

Arms.R.heavy likes this.
  10. Arms.R.heavy

Arms.R.heavy Fapstronaut

Your welcome @Wadyguan we are here to help each other.

11. Wadyguan

Wadyguan Fapstronaut

Lets keep it going brother! Lets reach new heights.