1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlearning and Growth

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by DoppoOrochi4, Aug 18, 2018.

1. DoppoOrochi4

DoppoOrochi4 Fapstronaut

Im 27, Ghanain African, first generation American. I stress that last point as a result to the past 10 months i have been learning about myself to increase my spirituality.

Alot of African Americans base their persona on the "Black" person you see on media outlets and dont understand its brainwashing propaganda to justify mass encarceraction of the minority population, self hate, and division.

This ties into my quitting pmo and also going vegan. I want to be the me im supposed be without these past 14 years of giving energy to shame, simulated sex, anger, jealousy, and self loathing. I dont want to be manipulated by anybody to be something im not.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. I hope you keep coming back.

3. DoppoOrochi4

DoppoOrochi4 Fapstronaut

its hard when you're lonely. It feels like misery to not watch any woman for the rest of my life

4. LakeMichigan

LakeMichigan Fapstronaut

@DoppoOrochi4 welcome to nofap!

It does appear that way in the beginning but the goal is not "not to watch any woman" but to "not start fantasizing" at the site of a woman. You will still be able to have normal relationship with women just like any person in the real world but we are trying get ourselves out of the virtual world.
    We do lose the excitement of PMO but we gain ourselves back.
    Yes, most people here struggle with loneliness including myself and once we are able to address this situation we will have more energy to engage socially and hopefully create some meaningful relationships in our lives.
    I wish you good luck.

5. DoppoOrochi4

DoppoOrochi4 Fapstronaut

Your right. Im on day 36 and im starting to realize how sick i really am after 14 years. It got soo bad before 2017 that i was watching woman shit. My brain told me i was doing something good for myself. As i write this im tryin to justify seeing something mature on my phone, but my social anxiety is going down finally and it feels too good not feeling so damn awkward all the time.

LakeMichigan likes this.