1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Uhh.."Do one thing every day that scares you." challenge? :-)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by I_can_and_I_will, Nov 29, 2017.

1. I_can_and_I_will

I_can_and_I_will Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hello everyone! I've taken my own sweet time to update this thread but I finally decided to do it today. I loved the idea of working on overcoming one fear everyday but it came to a point where labelling something as a fear had the negative impact of making it more dreadful and I had to stop. But I really love this idea so I'm gonna work on this again from my journal (which hasn't been updated in a long time, I'm too lazy!) and I wanna also do one thing I'm lazy about everyday. I'm not gonna explicitly put labels on anything but I'll make sure to complete the tasks I set for myself everyday. :)

Also, in case anyone wants to try this challenge, please do so :) l will be checking out the alerts frequently so I'll do my best to get back asap. Good luck with everything, fight on guys!

2. No worries bro, and thanks a lot!!
    Great to read you are doing well and still going into the right direction!

I gotta say I'm doing well too.. i am again on 1 week no pmo streak now, but also all my other addictions are gone (smoking was the last one.. 1 week quit now, never want to smoke again).. and caffeine i drank a whole lot of coffee.. and now i made it more like an occasional exception..
    I only feel a little bit insecure about not having any real friendz.. thats the conclusion i had to draw.. the people i was hanging around with was.. was not real connection.. and not great people also (negative, unsupportive) i rather be alone than surround with not nice people..
    I actually think of myself as pretty socialable.. however i also think it's pretty logical i ended up in this situation because i (was) messed up like last decade.. now i feel like i've came out of it (still moving out of it.. going into the right direction), but now theres not just suddenly like a whole dozen of new people/friends around me of course.. i feel hope and confidence it will grow..

I also started juicing daily, feels very good i have to admit (not a placebo i think, i can feel an energy boost, maybe because of the sugars lol), i can recommend anyone!

Now more on topic, i agree, by calling certain things fear.. it might be negative connotation.. but yeah some tasks that is dreading.. got to say i also made a lot of progress with that. I have been procrastinating for so long!! I feel like no pmo is really highest path to walk.. but also baseline in order to get things done and move into the right direction.
    The coming weeks I want to do a lot of applying for jobs (i did a study years ago, but havent done anything with it.. working below that level now so to speak), picking it up again, and doing my best. To be honest, sending application letters n stuff felt also a bit scary.. like what they gonna think, my cv is not good enough etc.
    But by doing positive things, no pmo, i feel more confident than before.. and have more trust in my own skills.. so if i get an opportunity i hope and it might work.. but am at the beginning of that road but feel motivated to walk that road!!
    Stay true to yourself, all the best :)

I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  3. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Hey buddy, thank you for this amazing message!
    I'm so happy to read that your progress has been positive!

I can relate to a lot of what you say. I'm glad that you decided to leave the company of friends you've been with, I had to do the same and while I feel lonely, I'm glad to be alone rather than be with people who drag me down.

Kudos on quitting smoking and caffeine, thats a great move, you're doing great!

I know that fear buddy, I had certain failed attempts and my CV is unattractive but that's just another reason to improve. I've been applying for jobs too, hope I can get placed :)
    Wishing you the best of luck in all areas of your life, I know you can do it, no pmo is indeed a great path to take for other positive changes in life, on we go!!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Thank you for your awesome words and kindness, you are very inspiring ! You will attract a lot of good with your energy and mindset I would believe. All the best man!

I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  5. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Thanks a lot my friend! Wishing you the best too! On we go! :)

WillFightOut and Deleted Account like this.