1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get to 100 push ups.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Anyone gotta any tips to get me there?

2. Just start small bro.You will get big result like 10 or 20 pushup daily.I did the same.So now i can do 90 push in one set:)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. KeepGoingStayStrong!

KeepGoingStayStrong! Fapstronaut

Yo bro,
    There is a push-up method called the 15 sec push up it is very helpfull

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. Oh man I gotta do that too. I had a time when I was doing pushups daily, now I'm a lazy human tho. Gotta pick it up again! Lost my training..

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  5. Lol...Don't worry start now.Btw last 4 or 5 days.My training routine is totally messed Up

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

90? Youre a Stud man!

SanctionedUser001 likes this.
  7. Yes!!!90 man....

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  8. Les_Brown

Les_Brown Fapstronaut

I'd recommend doing calendar pushups. When you wake up in the morning, right after silencing your alarm, look at the date. Let's say its 11/13/2018. You would do 11 + 13 + 18 pushups for the month, day, and year, respectively. Then, you start your day and go about your business.

Do the same right before you sleep.

This is a great way to get extra volume in outside a normal workout session. You can even adapt the method ... for instance, if you're on a 7 day streak, do 7 extra pushups.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  9. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Light workout of the biceps and triceps as a warmup can help with the pushups.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  10. Harpsichord

Harpsichord Fapstronaut

Like John DK said, start small and work your way up.

Yesterday I did 20 push-ups in one set, and today I do 21. Tomorrow, I'll do 22 and so on. If I ever get stumped I just don't increase the number. Before you know it you'll have attained your goal!

I did the same with a ridiculously fast keyboard phrase: I started at 60 bpm, and increased by 1 every day I tried. I didn't need to try that hard at any time, yet before I knew it I was playing the phrase at 91 bpm.

11. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I did intense push-up training a few times in my life. Once I got to 60 push-ups and a few one-armed ones. However, each time I ended up feeling pain in my shoulders, so I would stop it. Be careful and listen to your body! You don't need to stop once you feel the slightest bit of discomfort, but if it gets worse over time, chances are you could benefit from lighter training or a break. [I heard that you should not go too low with your chest, i.e. your elbows should not be higher than your chest (=right angle between upper arm and forearm). Is there anyone who can confirm this?]

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  12. Warden

Warden Fapstronaut

Do sets. Rest, drink water, repeat. I suggest adding something such as sit-ups or squats.

13. T-72 M4

T-72 M4 Fapstronaut

That's good advice. I'm doing the same and now I'm doing about 100 push-ups split in 4 or 5 sets.

By the way, why you need those 100 push-ups in a row? Is it necessary in your job, hobby and so on? I'm not criticising you but I've thought about it some time ago.
    My father said "During army service we didn't train so much of push-ups. Those were necessary if sergeants wanted to bully someone. Most of training was running and gymnastic".

14. T-72 M4

T-72 M4 Fapstronaut

Some people said it's dangerous because your body is still "stiff" after sleep.

15. Light of Freyja

Light of Freyja Fapstronaut

100 pushups? If you do the starting strength program in 3 months you'll be able to do pushups until you think they're pointless.

16. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

If its good enough for Batman, its good enough for me.

17. nicetrybrain

nicetrybrain Fapstronaut

I'd probably also consider having some kind of a rest day/break inbetween this practice. When you start hitting the higher rep ranges (assuming youre not just doing 1 set a day, that'll probably be fine to do everyday) your performance over time may see to diminish without breaks inbetween as your upper body gets worn out.

18. vitatertot

vitatertot Fapstronaut

Good goal man, Right now I'm workin on the same thing. I'd recommend doing max pushups (until you drop) 2-3 times a day just throughout the day. (Make sure you're not starting from nothing though. Spend a week or so working up your intensity so your body is used to the intense excercise). Right now I'm at 60 pushups, though they're real fast, not slow. Gonna go up to 100, then work on improving and going slower and slower. I've found that if you work on anything MULTIPLE times a day, you will get gains in reps quickly. I went from doing 0 pullups to doing 15 pullups and 20 chinups (deadhang), in around a month. Trick? Put a pullup bar in your doorway and EVERY time you walk past it, do max pullups, and alternate between chinups, pullups every time. Just do them a lot, not just once a day.

19. nef

nef Fapstronaut

check out 200 pushup a day challenge

20. Watch this guy. Got record of most pull ups so it's basically the same.