1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to get out of my funk

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by insanityisuponus, Jan 28, 2017.

1. insanityisuponus

insanityisuponus Fapstronaut

Hello. I'm struggling a bit right now, so I just wanted to jot out a quick bit and share really. Hopefully it'll give me some strength.
    My life is in quite a bit of flux right now. In about two weeks I'll be going on a six-week assignment for my job back to America, and then after that I'll be returning to Japan, but with a lot of travel, before I finish out my contract at the end of this year. What this means for me is that there's going to be very little opportunity for me to meet a girl and really get to know her. I'm not one for one-night stands, either, though that's probably more due to the fact that I don't like going out and meeting strangers and trying to sleep with them. I like getting to know girls. For me that's the real fun of sex: being intimate with a girl that you really like and have been wooing for a decent amount of time.
    I had a girl like this, and I'm still trying to get over her right now. We slept together about a month and a half now, and since then I haven't had sex. I'm a guy who typically does have sex, at least once every few weeks, and even though I know I'm not gonna get much sympathy from some folks, it's tough for me to think about going the next stretch without a special girl in my life. This girl, the one I mentioned, she called things off between us for good reasons related to work, and I respect her for being honest about it, but it still hurts to really like this girl and not be able to be with her. A part of me thinks I just need to go out and meet a girl and sleep with her, but at the same time I know that whenever I've had meaningless sex in the past I've always felt terrible. And like I said, I want sex to be special.
    So lately I've been by myself more. And this has caused a lot of temptation for me. Well, not that much, honestly, but I can feel it building. I haven't looked at PMO in over 45 days now, which is my longest streak, but I had been masturbating thinking about the girl up until about a week ago, when I started to feel ashamed of it. So now I'm just over a week with no masturbation whatsoever, and I'm feeling pretty lonely. Sometimes I feel almost sick to my stomach, and I want to text this girl constantly, and really I want to move on with my life, and find a new girl, but it seems pointless when I have two weeks left on this side of the world, and then my life is going to be changing so much over the next year. Where will I find a new girl? Obviously that's a problem for me to figure out, but it's good to get some of this down.
    Wish all you guys safety, happiness, health, and a life of ease.

D . J ., Mankrik and HipPete like this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

The worst thing you can do is stop being you. Don't sleep around, it won't make you forget about the girl you were dating and yes, it will only make you feel worse. The second worse thing you can do is to try to quickly replace the girl you were dating. A new girl deserves all of you, not you with mental remnants of a past love. She does not need to be compared to your old girl.

Spend time healing yourself both from PMO and from your old relationship and when the time is right, someone will be there.