1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to gain back my wife’s trust

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by vaughanct, Jan 9, 2019.

1. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

You can to nothing to earn her trust, it can only be given by her. Live, then, in a way that makes her want to give you trust.
    Have you heard about the Marriage Course? It might be of interest to you.

2. vaughanct

vaughanct Fapstronaut

I’d be interested to hear about The Marriage Course.

3. Wade W. Wilson

Wade W. Wilson Fapstronaut

I don't really agree with this point of view. We neglected our wives for so many years while we were looking for momentary gratification, another video to M. We made them feel unwanted, undesired, unloved. In my experience doing nothing wasn't an option, I had to show her that my wife to me was number one and above everyone and everything. I had to show her that I am doing my recovery work, without her asking me to, as well as I had to show her how much she means to me. I started sending random texts while I was at work, I leave post-it notes around the house for her to find and small gestures like that, things I never did before. For someone else, there could be others ways to show how much their wives mean to them, for my wife it's the small things that count. I never knew how to be romantic and I had to learn and get used to that, I had to make her fall in love with me all over again, and that is how you slowly earn back her safety and trust with you. She doesn't want to see me sitting around and doing nothing waiting for her to come around, she did that long enough, she wants to see me putting in the work.

Numb and Jagliana like this.