1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to be the nice guy/make friends - feedback greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by nelloJ, Sep 3, 2017.

1. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Speak out is when you open your mouth and give an opinion that doesn't fit with the basic position of the people around you. Most of my extended family, and most of my in-laws listen to Fox News and occasionally quote Rush. I lived many years in Latin America and understand the complications of aliens in a different way. The Bible has many passages that talk about treating aliens well and loving neighbors. Sometimes, when Christians around me speak, share, or post hate speech, I speak out. I think I should do it more, but I am already the resident liberal.

nelloJ likes this.
  2. nelloJ

nelloJ Fapstronaut

Sigh, Christians that post hate speeches and openly condemn groups are just opening up a future for Christians to be hated and persecuted. If only everyone respected each others opinions... We'd be living in such a great world

HappyDaysAreHereAgain likes this.
  3. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Gotcha now. Yeah not the nicest crew.

nelloJ likes this.
  4. PedroCalrissian

PedroCalrissian Fapstronaut

In my expirence most people have more than a few friends, but only have a few really good friends. Also it's much better to open up to people or have meanful convos in real life especially with guys. Another thing is don't open up to people right away and tell them about all your problems, it can kind of scare them off. Just let it happen naturally, don't over think it, and you'll start to build better friendships. Building a good friendship takes time. You'll know when to open up if you don't worry about it.

This is what has worked for me in the past, I hope something I said can be of some use for you. Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    nelloJ likes this.
  5. I think that when you create a certain persona
    It seems like you've created sort of this persona of being the goofy class clown, and that's awesome! You can make people laugh and they enjoy your banter. Only problem I see is that people label you as just that and have trouble seeing you in a different light. Therefore it's difficult for them to connect with you on a deeper level. I've heard of many famous comedians struggling with similar issues.
    Being the funny class clown type is a great personality trait, but it's important that you don't identify with it. Be sure to show people your other qualities just as often, so they can respond to you on a more personal level. Just my 2 cents and I could be way off here. Good luck bud!

nelloJ likes this.
  6. nelloJ

nelloJ Fapstronaut

I think you're right on the money. I can think of a class clown at my school who's absolutely nailed it, he doesn't identify himself with that persona and he can demand respect and be serious when he needs to.

7. rostronaut

rostronaut Nofap Moderator
    Staff Member

nelloJ likes this.
  8. nelloJ

nelloJ Fapstronaut

cheers man, really appreciate that :)

rostronaut likes this.