1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Triggers everywhere

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Seth LDA, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

Is it common to be triggered almost everywhere you go by almost every woman you see?

SpouseofPA likes this.
  2. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

i wouldn't say i go into a panic attack every time, but unless my kids are with to distract me and make me stay in reality. i go down a rabbit hole when i go out in public with my husband and think OMG did he look at her? would she have been someone he would have normally looked at? did he notice her tight clothes? large chest? etc etc. its awful. otherwise i am silent until we are done shopping or whatever. And i have ADHD so that is not common for me lol

3. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

I don't know if it is normal, but it happens to me pretty much constantly. I'm a year from finding out about P, known about PA for 4.5 months.

SpouseofPA and Seth LDA like this.
  4. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

Exactly this. I've always loved to go out with him to restaurants but lately I've avoided it.

SpouseofPA likes this.
  5. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

mine can be so bad at times, i dont even want to take my kids to the bowling alley...:(

6. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

Do you talk to him about it?

SpouseofPA likes this.
  7. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

only recently. and not much yet. I also am not sure what to say. i want him to make sure im ok when we in public. ya know? i shouldn't have to say hey i am worried your checking out her boobs. he should be checking on me and emphasizing that he is only looking at me etc. ya know?

thats in an ideal world i guess.

do you?

Jagliana and Queen_Of_Hearts_13 like this.
  8. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

I don't, at all... I'm always afraid that those kind of things can make him stressed, anxious or feeling that all his effort isn't being enough and all this could end in a relapse.. =/

SpouseofPA likes this.
  9. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

not to sound like a jerk. but sometimes what they are doing isn't enough.
    They have to understand that this effects you as well
    they also need to make sure to put effort towards fixing the relationship as well as themselves.

Thats not to say they should be doing all the work, but i am most certainly not going to act like im just peachy with all this.

TooMuchTooSoon likes this.
  10. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

Not a jerk at all! Most of the time I find myself lost about what to do, you know?! It's good to be here with all of you and get some clarity about the situation..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    SpouseofPA likes this.
  11. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

im glad to help anyway i can. i am not sure how much help ill be.
    i have been breaking down PA in and of its self. and how the mind of a man works etc. i think if i understand that better i can say, ok i don't agree but i can see how you would think of it that way.
    that way i can respectfully move forward.

Im never just gonna accept this unless i understand it. or atleast thats my take

12. osmowife

osmowife Fapstronaut

I wonder if he's looking probably way more than he actually is. I've talked to him about it and he tries to avoid looking at other women in front of me now. I find it just disrespectful to me.

anewhope and Kenzi like this.