1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tried & failed, back for more momentum

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Controlyoururges, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Controlyoururges

Controlyoururges Fapstronaut

Hi guys, first time writing on this forum and here is my story,

I have been addicted to PMO for nearly 13 years and all along I thought that it was normal stress relieving techniques. I used to do it almost daily and sometimes more than once a day when I am stressed.

Then, I came across nofap concept while I was watching youtube around 2 months back. That is when I learnt about the benefits of nofap and what PMO is doing to my mind. I managed to hit 20 plus days streak. I experienced some of the real benefits such as more time and concentration.

Here are some of the things I did during that 20 plus days, that would never have done before.

1. I woke up at 5am every day during the NoFap period to exercise, practice piano and read books. (Usually wakes up at 10am)(haven't touched my piano for 5 years'since I failed my grade 8)
    2. Finished my assignment much earlier than the dateline.(Used to finish the assignment right before the dateline)(feels great to see people still trying to complete the assignment while you are already done with it)
    3. Finish revising for exam 1 week before.
    4. Planned my schedule(Much less procrastination)
    5. Attempt to kick my habit of slouching and picking my nose.(something I have been doing for the past 10+ years)
    6. Appreciate the people around me. (I start to show more concern to people around me)(I used to be the guy who doesn't give a dam to anything as long as it does not affect me)

However, everything was going well until right before my second last exam paper. I couldn't handle the stress and ended up giving up. My mind tricked me into believing that I can continue nofap after exams during the holiday when I have less stress.

But nope, that didn't happen. After that day, I keep relapsing every one or two days since that day. My mind would tell me that it is okay to reset since the nofap streak is still low. It would be more of a waste to reset when I have accumulated a high nofap streak. The urge keeps haunting me and I have no one to share with. I am too ashamed of sharing my PMO addiction problem with anyone.

Today, I am back on my day 4 and the urge is getting stronger. This prompted me to create an account on nofap. I hope that by sharing my story, it can help me to stay focus on what I set out to achieve. and curb my urge. Wish me luck guys. Stay strong fellow strugglers out there.

P.S. Forgive me for my poor English standards, it is not my first language.

2. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

Congratulations on this! Really, really good work!

Those urges can be a real struggle. And they can also be extremely tricky - as you now know.

Stay with it. Keep coming back.