1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

TIP: Remind Yourself Why

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I'm currently halfway through my 4th day of no PMO, and to say I've come close to relapsing is an understatement.

I find that what helps me get through the urges is to remind myself why I am abstaining from PMO. If I can get a clear picture in my head of my reasons for stopping PMO, then it helps a great deal.

I'm going to NYC in February, and the day I leave the UK will mark my 28th day of abstinence. I like giving myself 7-day challenges, so I keep reminding myself that if I continue to abstain until I go to NYC, then I'll have made it to the 1 month mark!

If you're struggling with urges, set yourself mini, 7-day challenges. Take it week by week, and keep reminding yourself why you're doing it. Think of all the benefits!

Good luck! :)

Tonytone likes this.
  2. Thank you for this. For newbies as me, there‘s this huge project ahead oneself. Taking it week-by-week clearly makes it appear more manageable