1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to stop messing around

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by projectexperiment, Feb 26, 2017.

1. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

My drinking and fapping has been weighing me down like an anchor. I start my day in a hangover stupor, go buy beer and jerk off after drinking a couple.

Instant gratification has been running my life. Today is two days without MO, beer and cigarettes. Next Friday I've been clean for 7 days, and I'm going to buy myself a cool t-shirt which is a bit expensive but it's a thing I want for myself.

I've had enough of this half-life I've been going through for months, struggling to stay off stuff and trying to manage my anxious emotions. When I hit 30 days without instant gratification from beer, MO and cigarettes, I'm going to feel like a different person, I know this.

I'm going to start going to the gym again, I'm going to work out for strength and to look good and I'm taking up walking and meditation to manage my emotions and cravings. I'm going to stick with this and I'll change myself in 30 days. This is for me and my future, other people can do whatever they want to. Time to stop messing around.

2. Proceed

Proceed Fapstronaut

Sounds like you may have had some problems going on in your life! I too was once caught up in the world of instant gratification, even though I didn't realize it. But looking back, I was wasting my life. Don't be discouraged! It can be hard to start a whole new life, sometimes you feel like giving up. I would suggest writing down some small goals for yourself while you are dropping all those things.