1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tibetan Sixth Rite as a way of controlling urges?

A group for Buddhist Fapstronauts to connect.

1. AliveAgain

AliveAgain Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I re-read the books on Five Tibetan Rites (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites). While I personally take the claims in the books with a pinch of salt, they are simple exercises that would not have any negative effect for people without medical conditions that may be aggravated by one of the movements/postures and mild to no benefits at worse. Interestingly, the book (and the Wikipedia page) describes a sixth rite that is recommended only to celibates (so, useful to us) and to be done whenever one feels an excess of sexual energy. I am willing to give it a shot. Has anyone else tried it in the past?

Deleted Account and UrameshiTao like this.
  2. UrameshiTao

UrameshiTao Fapstronaut

I can attest for it's effectiveness. The first 5 rites however, well the first is a WTF, the 3rd is a streching, and the other 3 are basic exercises. 21 reps of them is so easy for someone who works out.

The 6th one (the nofap exercise) is basically a stomach vacuum. You hold it as well. Arnold Swarcheneger would do it back in the day, as well as many other bodybuilders from the golden era. Arnold would do 4 daily sets of 4 reps consisting of a 15second stomach vacuum hold, on the floor. I 3-5 such reps in the morning to build it, after watching a hungerian revolution? something guy on youtube. I would say 3-5 reps is the minimum you must do daily to advance. At 20 reps like Arnold you're making gain like him. Ah those biceps :DPUMP THEM UP!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. This exercise moves sexual energy (prana / Chi) up the body away from genitals. From scientific perspective, it does move blood and built up electricity in nerves. I did try it. I found out about it from Yoga techniques called pranayama. It works. There are similar techniques also in Qigong. It all has been tested for thousands of years and proven to work time and time again. It's little bit unfortunate that most of our modern science closed mindlessly tends to dismiss these practices as magical superstitions instead of actually researching them to understand how they work. But I would definitely suggest you to try this techniques if decreasing your horniness and / or preventing wet dreams is something you are interested in.

UrameshiTao likes this.
  4. Thank you for mentioning this. I had no idea that there was a 6th rite made for celibates. So far I have done the 5 rites only. I may add the 6th rite and see how I transform. I think all of you may know this already but each rite needs to be done 21 times.

5. Yes, but this should only be done by those who are fully celibate and this should only be done when a sexual urge arises, otherwise one should not do it.