1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on other intelligent life existing?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Just done, Aug 1, 2019.

What are your thoughts?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2019.
  1. Yes

70.6%
  2. No

11.8%
  3. Would be fascinating!

23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

The universe is possibly endless! It seems unlikely that we are alone.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

But the universe is endless, it's probably all too far away to contact...

3. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I like to imagine around every star there are planets, and one of those planets has the perfect conditions for life.

4. I think there are other dimensions where other sentient beings exist

5. i believe in aliens c: the universe is rly big and a lot of it is unexplored.

6. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I believe in aliens. I think it's hard to believe that we are the only ones to exist. Space is so vast, so there's gotta be something out there.

7. There is extraterrestrial life - the Chinese space program put some plants on the Moon this January :)

8. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

The key is did not originate from earth. Jokes aside:emoji_expressionless:

9. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

They're most likely not called aliens! They would know what they are called, like we know we're humans. I feel like they would look different then us.

10. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

True! If there's an advanced extraterrestrial civilization, there is no guarantee that it's transmitting radio communications in the direction of earth or that this information could be interpreted by humans. The length of time required for a signal to travel across the vastness of space means that any signal detected would come from the distant past. Plus our signal may not ever be found by them, even if it has directions on how to understand it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  11. I often say that we are aliens I mean cmon every other species on this planet has adapted to its environment and yet here I am on amazon searching for a new winter jacket I’ll need in a couple months because my fat ass can’t handle the snow.

This is a beautiful planet filled with gorgeous creatures and here we are- humans the worst cancer to have been dropped on the earth.

12. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

You heretics talking about Xenos scum !!! You should all BE purged!

Xenos are scum ! HUMANITY would be much better if they dont exist!!!

And talking bad about HUMANITY.......HUMANITY is just the best thing that exists, seconded by the machine God the Omnissiah!

13. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

Or other intelligent life could exist, but god didn't include them in the bible. Sure we don't necessarily need other intelligent life to help us, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if they exist. Would be fascinating to know that we're not alone.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  14. I believe on Haruhi Suzumilla, aliens, time travelers and other special beings come to me

15. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

Definitely, the universe is impossibly big. It extends even beyond the field of what we can see, which is unimaginably large. There is definitely life like us somewhere out there, the question is will we ever find them?

16. cadia guardsman

We found them......on the 40k millenia And they are nasty evil creatures, the Tyranids eat everything and everyone, the Eldar are Xenos(alien) drug addicts responsible for the birth of the 4 God of chaos Slaanesh (who is the God of Pleasure and we are here because of Pleasure), Tao are space communists, Ork are basically brutes savages, Mind eaters, well the name says it all , Necrons are depressed creeps that were flesh and transformed to metal because of their greed and there are alot more but those are the principal Xenos scum

17. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

Uh yeah, I'm gonna need a source on that chief.

18. cadia guardsman

19. Am sure there is non-earth based life somewhere in the universe, but the chances of us encountering it are really low due to the scale of the universe.

20. Just done

Just done Fapstronaut

The easiest way for contact would be through interstellar communication! However, the distances from earth to other potentially inhabited systems introduce prohibitive delays, assuming the limitations of the speed of light. Even an immediate reply to radio communications sent to stars tens of thousands of light-years away would take many human generations to arrive.