1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This will help you a lot

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Erick Pastora, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I just realised I've had my longest streak since 4th December and it has been partly due to this above incident that I've been able to keep going as long as I have been able to. Amazing! Go out there and just try it everyone!

2. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

Thank you guys for all the great comments I've recieved for this post. I gotta tell you all my life this has been one of my biggest struggles so the guide is not just for you, but for myself as well. I want all of you to start changing your lives from today because that's why we're on NoFap. I love giving advice that can help you achieve happiness!

Thanks for sharing this. This is what I want you to do: go step by step. Make a list of all your fears, then organize them form least scary to most scary. Whether talking to girls is on the top or not doesn't matter, I know it will probably be one of the top ones. Start by overcoming the least scary thing you're afraid to do, say speaking your mind in class, going to the club or to a party, eating some kind of food.. You know, any little thing that scares you. As you move up, the fears on the bottom of the list will be forgotten as you overcome them. This is called self empowerment, always believe in yourself and your potential.

Once you've reached talking to girls on your list, follow the tips that are on the top of this post and there are a couple more things that you should add to your mindset:
    1. Stop thinking about women as goddesses. I know, they're just great but always remember they're as much human as you and me.
    2. Don't let yourself down. Remember, if a girl rejects you, she's not rejecting YOU because she doesn't know YOU. She's rejecting your approach, or the idea of dating, or anything else but not YOU.
    3. Accept frustration. Don't brush it off if you're turned down and feel bad. Frustration is a part of life and great things can be achieved if you embrace frustration and use it for the future.

3. Erick Pastora

UPDATE: I don't know if should post this in another thread but this is something I really want to talk to you about.

Frustration. Whenever you see that girl you like and can't talk to her because you're just panicking too much or when you can't get girls to date you or even if you start dating but can't seem to find someone to fall in love. Frustration is a tool, whenever you're feeling down don't try to stay positive and just forget about it because you're repeating the cycle. If you can't criticize yourself constructively you won't see sucess anytime soon. Embrace the fact that you're frustrated, acknowledge your feelings, identify what triggers your frustration and from there you can create something constructive. Think about it, you couldn't talk to the girl you like, you accept you were a moron and that you don't want to feel that way anymore so you go out and try again.

We're humans, we're not perfect, we can't just smile so all of our problems go away. We have to accept our feelings and accept ourselves, we have to become able to act by destroying all of those frustration triggers.

4. Erick Pastora

5. Erick Pastora

I found this quote that really applies to this kind of situation.
    "You'll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you're afraid to take the first step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road." from Good Will Hunting. Love that movie, hope you like it and use it.

6. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

Yea i read that topic and that's the reason i started doing NoFap. It gave so much motivation, but still not that part that I try it.

I know the 2 or 3 second rule. That says if you see a girl you like, approach within 2 or 3 seconds. This won't give your approach anxiety a chance to give reasons why you shouldn't do it. And with such confidents is something most girls like.

But when I think of putting it to practise I get the feeling the girl will respond with: "What do you want?". To give an example convo : "Hi, My name is abird, what is yours?" then she says "Wtf you want ? " in front of all her girlfriends who start calling me a creep or start laughing. This might be overthinking to the worst what can happen, but somehow i can't help it.

I know if she reacts this way, you should be happy beacuse thats not a girl to have a relationship with. I'm still afraid it will hurt and make the approaching strugle worse.

7. Erick Pastora

8. Erick Pastora

9. Erick Pastora

10. Tonytone

Tonytone Fapstronaut

Great fuckin' post!! So entirely true!

11. Erick Pastora

12. johndoe117

johndoe117 Fapstronaut

I'd caution you front underestimating the psychological effects sexual rejection has. A female rejecting a male is fundamentally a rejection of your genetic material. No wonder guys fear rejection. Saying it's nothing is untrue, realizing rejections impact and facing it and then moving on is better. Imo

Tonytone likes this.
  13. Erick Pastora

I'm glad you talk about psychology. You see, the area of the brain that handles rejection is the same as the one who handles physical pain. Emotions come from ideas, that means that from a situation comes an idea in your brain that leads to emotion. We're socially conditioned by evolution to fear rejection because it puts us down in the social ladder and that's why we feel shame. But if your idea in your unconscious mind changes from it being physical pain to it being not really relevant it stops generating that emotion. Yes, it's going to hurt, but once you get used to it not being actually physical pain that emotion goes away.

Tonytone likes this.