1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This "loneliness" sub-forum is Toxic.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Phenom1415, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Maybe it's cuz you guys' impression of NoFap is THAT in the first place. "I hope with NoFap, I will get better at girl, relationship and stuff" and when you see someone else who actually GETS it, you start to get more down than you are before.

Now, I'm also lonely, a virgin, never had gf of whatever sorts, but I'm here at NoFap solely on the purpose of curbing my PMO addiction. Never in my head I see NoFap as a place where I can improve myself so I can be a chick magnet. Sure, it will happen to some, and it HAS, but it might or might not happen to you (or me for that matter). But for now, I'll be super happy just to be free of PMO.

You guys seriously need to read Feedback Loop from Hell by Mark Manson. It helps me tremendously, not kidding.

DayOne44 and ShotDunyun like this.
  2. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Well, can't really blame anyone who has that impression. Just spend an hour or so reading success stories on reddit and/or YBOP and you can't help but think that getting chicks is the common benefit of noFap...

3. Well, I guess what Mark says is true. You're stuck in the loop.

4. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

This might have sparked my interest in the article you mentioned...before I started reading "Models". Now I can't take this guy seriously anymore. Any person who treats other human beings like a commodity, like automatons who all work the same and can be swapped in and out to meet one's desires is, in my eyes, scum, plain and simple.

Londonrecluse likes this.
  5. Well, haven't read "Models". Is that also by Mark Manson? Well at least I can say I'm out of that loop.

6. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Yea. I've seen it highly recommended many times so I decided to "acquire" it. Your mileage may vary but I had to stop after about 30 pages because I found his view of women and relationships to be absolutely disgusting.

7. I found it interesting tbh. Too bad need to be purchased to get full version.

8. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

If you message me your email address I sent you whole book in pdf.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017