1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This is it, iam panicking. i need help

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SiphoMoses08, Mar 27, 2017.

1. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

The world is against me. Including family, friends and coworkers, society, everyone in general. I am not sure what it is but I am being treated like a complete alien, its like everyone has never seen a kind of a creature i am. I'm considered an opportunity to all sorts of bullying or what ever, I don't have the words to describe this, even adults (grannies/granpas) whould look at me like being shocked, some would Laugh a little after starring at me. This thing became super after I began my reboot, I'm nervous all the time once I given these attitudes in society. It has got nothing to do with being ugly coz its super weird. I don't know what's going on...plz help

2. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

Have you considered finding a psychotherapist ?

3. Noobotron52

Noobotron52 Fapstronaut

How are you doing now? I know I have had a lot of paranoia in the past. Thoughts that everyone is judging you are easy to get sucked up in. Start a conversation with me if you want to talk about it.

4. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

Yes, just that my schedule is too tight And I'm afraid they won't fully understand this situation since my reboot to mestubation is consent, " mastubation helps to relieve stress& tention", this is what they would recommend I think

5. It is probably not as bad as you think it is. I think a therapist can help you sort things out. Although I am not a therapist you can still PM me if you want to talk.

Deleted Account and SiphoMoses08 like this.
  6. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

I can't find a suitable partner or friend since everyone has turned their back on me, I have'm thou. Unfortunately their not true friends. Back stabbing kind of friend, Its common were I am from.

7. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

I hope so, coz if this case multiplies by two! I am history bro

8. Hello bro ! Wish you good luck since I know that feeling too. Like everyone looking at you with disregard or something. I don't know why but it increases after relapse. I hope it will go away after some decent strike... PMO can cause social anxiety at least in my cause. Keep pushing man :)

Deleted Account and SiphoMoses08 like this.
  9. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your interest in this post. Nofap is the only place I could talk to with such situations. I couldn't get this support anywhere. One thing is for sure I am never going back to fapping after this experience. I can't cope with this burden anymore, I am putting it in God's hand

10. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

There are more important things to solve in your life than stopping masturbating. For sure masturbating does not help at all, but at the root causes the issue is something else, masturbation is only the surface problem. Not fapping can help people getting better but it's not the most important issue, I'm sure we've all seen posts which swear by NoFap and also other posts in which people say it didn't help at all.

One of the common demeanor you'll see in those who say that NoFap works is that they have started to change their habits in their life, they didn't only stop fapping, but they started to incorporate other good habits into their daily routine. Remember your habbits are your profecies, keep your good habits and you will change your life or keep your bad habits and you will remain the same or sink lower. It's always up to you.

Below is a beautiful poem that I like:

Equipment - Edgar Albert Guest

Figure it out for yourself, my lad,
    You've all that the greatest of men have had,
    Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes,
    And a brain to use if you would be wise.
    With this equipment they all began,
    So start for the top and say "I can."

Look them over, the wise and great,
    They take their food from a common plate
    And similar knives and forks they use,
    With similar laces they tie their shoes,
    The world considers them brave and smart.
    But you've all they had when they made their start.

You can triumph and come to skill,
    You can be great if only you will,
    You're well equipped for what fight you choose,
    You have legs and arms and a brain to use,
    And the man who has risen, great deeds to do
    Began his life with no more than you.

You are the handicap you must face,
    You are the one who must choose your place,
    You must say where you want to go.
    How much you will study the truth to know,
    God has equipped you for life, But He
    Lets you decide what you want to be.

Courage must come from the soul within,
    The man must furnish the will to win,
    So figure it out for yourself, my lad,
    You were born with all that the great have had,
    With your equipment they all began.
    Get hold of yourself, and say: "I can."

11. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

Mastubation stole my self esteem, confidence, my energy to stay focused & motivated to build my dreams, it stole my enthusiasm of living my great life ahead...I decided why can't I be able to own a mustang like most successful people do, why can't I be rich because I can... Unfortunately masturbation has always been the boundary for the foundation of these goals. So yes! Masturbation is the main problem in my life. Thanks for the inspirational poem I really appreciate it.. I will and I am, because I can

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Emotions are created by what you are thinking. This is so when you think something like, "Oh shit that bear just heard me and is going to come eat me!" your body can flood you with fear and adrenalin. Sometimes, for many different reasons, people begin to think in ways that aren't 100% accurate. There any many different types of distorted thinking that lead to negative emotions like paranoia, depression, anxiety, etc... One of the types of distorted thinking is called Mind Reading. Here are some examples of thoughts a person who uses Mind Reading distortions might think:
    "I'm going to fail the test tomorrow."
    "The girl I like is going to turn me down if I ask her out."
    "If I go to the party, everyone will be having fun and I'll sit there with nothing to say."

There are millions of examples. You are predicting what a professional, trained therapist would say. Since mind reading is not possible, you do not know what they would say. You are guessing what they would say, and guessing is not 100% accurate. You are using distorted thinking and believing it as 100% accurate.

Your original, exact quote is "The world is against me. Including family, friends and coworkers, society, everyone in general." Once again, you are using the distortion called Mind Reading. You do not actually know what anyone else is thinking, much less what everyone in the entire world is thinking. So far, including me, there have been 7 people who replied to your post here. All 7 have offered support and are FOR you. So in actuality, your statement is 100% false in this small sample size.

When you think inaccurately something like "The entire world is against me", that sends a very distressing signal to your body. The result is negative emotions like paranoia, anxiety, depression, resentment, etc... When you correct your thinking to reflect reality with 100% accuracy, your emotions will drastically improve.

Another distortion people often use is called Emotional Reasoning. This is when you believe something to be true because you feel it emotionally. You may be believing the world is against you because you truly feel that way. You may feel it very deeply on a gut level. That doesn't mean it's true. I know it's not true because I'm a part of the world and I'm 100% for you. That is why I just spent 10 minutes typing this out.

I know it's weird and scary to try going to see a therapist, but they are paid to do what they can to help you feel better. They take pride in it. Their career depends on them helping people feel better. Going to a therapist certainly helped me. So did educating myself about cognitive distortions.

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. You are absolutely in the right direction to abstain from PMO and to post on this site asking for advice and help. I wish you all the best and much success in your recovery!

Overfloweth likes this.
  13. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

Thanks bra! Its obviously inaccurate but I used the phrase "whole world",to emphasize the amount of such response i get 4rm people.

14. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

I think its much better to think than to actually notice everybody looking at you like you like you're from planet venus with a week old dead frog in your face and laughing about it, you look your self in a mirro you dont see a dead frog, then you become consious, you begin to search for answers why? Why? Why? WTF is wrong here? As a result No body wants to see you near them(in this case i figured to some, I'm embarrassing them in public) But I know it has got something to do with masturbation which probably affect my emotions, since its the only thing messing with my hormones. I though These traits were common in fapping, that's why I asked for help. Through it all though, I've been telling my self that I'm the only problem and I am the only solution, I can't go through life like this. My case is not any special but super weird bro

15. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Hi Sipho. Again, you are Mind Reading. You can't possibly know what people looking at you are thinking. Mind reading is impossible. You aren't noticing what is in their heads, you are thinking what's in their heads - you are guessing what is in their heads. You are walking around looking at people and making horrible assumptions about they are thinking. You are judging them to be terrible people who look down at others like they have a dead frog face. Because you are looking at people with such harsh judgments, you are guessing that they are doing the same about you. I have never in my life seen someone who looks like an alien from Venus with a dead frog in their face, so it cannot possibly be true that "everybody" looks at you that way. I am a part of "everybody".
    I know it's a weird concept because you feel it so strongly, but the entire world is not looking at you and thinking that you look like you're from Venus and have a dead frog face. The chances of even 1 person looking at you and thinking that specifically is incredibly slim.

16. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

"Looking at me like a complete alien / looking at me lyk i'm from planet Venus". It is just an example of how weird people look at me... I can use plenty of examples which emphasize extreme weirdness. I don't say I think in other people's minds they see an alien when they look at me. I choose this example to let you know about how weird this case of interaction is. That's why I use the word "like". I can't show you the way of interaction between me an the society but I can atleast explain it to you... You cannot say it's highly impossible to some1 if he/she mybe sayed i felt like i was over the moon when i stopped PMO...That's why we use "like" since its just an expression. Even if I were to know the facts about whats going on in their minds during the moment of interaction, it sure ain't something beautiful, (like wow! That guy is good looking). Its either "WTF on earth is wrong with him or, WTF!? look how dauchy he is, ect"... Bro! you cannot say its impossible when I say it's weird... And yes I get your point that I might be over exaggerating a little about how I am taking this but thats because its super wierd

17. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

I'm greatfull for the decline in social anxiety from day 1 of this post, it shouldn't have got any worst than that, because I just don't know what would have happened, & I don't wanna know. but that's because of my progress. I'm currently on day 14 since my reset, my reboot is making a large impact and I love the direction. I just pray to God that come day30,60,80(hard mode), may he please remind me of the day I wrote this post, its currently the superior factor that keeps me going, besides unleashing potentials or destroying boundaries bounding me to thrive in my life, i just dont wanna go back to that day. This is my report from the worst day in 2017...Going for infinity, I'll come for updates to all my posts, to whether I made it to the heavens or drowned deep to hell

Lethro likes this.
  18. I believe in you man. Keep it going one step at a time for you get better. You are the designer of your life :)

SiphoMoses08 likes this.
  19. riddick max

riddick max Fapstronaut

God work
    In mysterious way bro and feeling mutual 3 months ago I thought I'm going to be crazy now I'm back in track as u know there will be set backs asking as victories as long as we fight the good fight we can win so acctutaly in my point of view panic is a good thing it can remind of u the concequinsess when u relapse so do well bro good luck and if some one try to bring u down there are already in deep so fuck them