1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This girl

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I talked to a girl in order to meet up (thuesday) she told me "babe I can't I got an exam tomorrow" (university test).

What does this mean?

2. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

She's trying to pass a class?

TIMMY0110, SK81218, kropo82 and 7 others like this.
  3. What should I do? Invite her tomorrow? Not talk her?

4. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

No, bro; you tell her good luck. Don't ghost her because she's got an exam

5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

"babe I can't I got an exam tomorrow"... secret super hidden translation = "babe I can't I got an exam tomorrow"

It means stop being so paranoid or insecure.

6. Maybe I suck at this damn.

MrVaughn likes this.
  7. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Pretty sure its finals times now in multiple countries lol. Wish her luck and ask again later. Can't say for sure if she will say yes later but she will def say no if u dont seem supportive of her.

8. HuwhiteMale

HuwhiteMale Fapstronaut

As the others have said, just coming here to ask that question implies you're insecure and paranoid. You don't want her to get that impression of you.

However, she didn't offer a counter-date. That tells me that you should probably back-off and not blow up her phone or get hung up on her. If she feels you're pushing to hard, she'll give you the cold shoulder. Depending on how long you've been trying to get with her and how often you're messaging her, you may have already given her that impression. The appropriate response isn't to freak out though, but instead keep working on improving yourself and see if she warms up or reaches out to you in time.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Lmaoo it literally means exactly what she said, you’re looking too much into it. Wish her luck and invite her for a different time. Stop being so paranoid it’ll ruin your relationship.

Knighthawk and Dustboy like this.
  10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Instead of asking if she can meet you on a certain night ask her what nights she could meet up with you. Then you can meet her when it works for both of you.

captainteemo likes this.
  11. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

This is generally what's wrong with modern men.

What should I do or say to make them want to be with me?
    How do I convince them to be interested and stay with me?
    Should I wait 3 days to call her?
    What should I text her?
    What does it mean when she does this?
    What does it mean when she says that?
    Should I back off and ghost her for a while?
    Should I hit on other women to make her jealous?
    Should I act cold and uninterested to reel her back in?
    What technique can I use to make her crazy over me?
    She says she's too busy to go out this weekend... what should I do? Is she losing interest?

Way too reactive. Way too dependent on someone else. Easily lose emotional control. Their life becomes solely focused on who they're dating. Compensating, performing, and convincing the other person to be interested in them rather than just expressing yourself honestly and allowing them the choice of whether or not to be with them.

The best thing you can ever do is express yourself honestly. That's meeting the other person half way. It's their choice whether or not they want to be with you. If they don't, then why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that you'll have to constantly convince to stay with you for the rest of your time together? You'll always be fearful, paranoid, and walking on eggshells. Always afraid that you'll say or do the wrong thing. So you condition yourself to hide and be ashamed of who you are. Then you become some generic person that has generic likeable qualities that isn't you at all. The way to have someone that enthusiastically and willingly wants to be with you is to be a polarizing character. Meaning you express yourself honestly so that some people will be interested and some won't.

You will never find your better place, with better people, as a better version of yourself if you're busy trying to convince people who aren't interested in you to be interested in you by acting like someone that you aren't (performing / compensating).

When you try to convince others to be interested in you... your world becomes very myopic. "This has to work... this outcome... this perfect scenario has to work or my life is over.... Maybe if I act like this and say this and use this technique....." It's a very sad life to live that way.

Knighthawk likes this.
  12. Towards Redemption

Towards Redemption Fapstronaut

13. yosoy111

yosoy111 Fapstronaut

In cases like this, if a girl doesn't offer me an alternative time to meet, I am pretty sure she doesn't want to have a date with me. My piece of advice : move on.

14. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

It means she can't meet up Thursday, she has an exam the next day. What did you think it meant?

You could ask her out for another time, or ask her "Hey, I'd still be really interested in meeting up when you're free. How did the exam go?"