This forum has terrible moderators

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by _.._, Nov 29, 2018.

1. _.._

_.._ Fapstronaut

The title of the post was "Insulting or abusing another user". Apparently, I was abusive, aggressive and threatening troll. Seriously, do these guys even read the forum or do they just randomly pick posts to be banned? Or more likely, they read only reported posts.

2. Ginny Weasley

Ginny Weasley Fapstronaut

It doesn’t matter what you say if you insult someone for any reason (also depending how severe your words are), if that post is reported it’ll most likely be removed and you get a warning when they catch wind of it.

I’ve had a couple and I asked a mod which told me that was the standard message they send regardless of why. Usually even if something is abusive it will not be removed until it is reported, unless it’s actually straight up abusive in nature.

Maybe anus was too threatening! :eek:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. _.._

_.._ Fapstronaut

I see. It looks like the Moderator algorithm is
    1. Take a reported post
    2. Read it
    3. If it contains a word that could potentially be used in a rude way, go to step 4, otherwise your job is done
    4. Delete the post and threaten to kick the author using a cookie-cutter response
    I guess it's to be expected when you have two or three mods on a forum with 200,000 members.
    Next time I'll try arse.

Ginny Weasley likes this.
  4. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Yeah, a lot of times it feels to me like they dont even look at context at all. And they are too sensitive to what should be considered "abuse."

I remember one time getting a strike because I told somebody to "f*** off," after that somebody had went on several long rants about how I'm a worthless, garbage human being.

5. Ginny Weasley

Ginny Weasley Fapstronaut

Aye, I had it one time where somebody personally insulted everything about me because he was bloody sore, and I snapped so I ended saying a few nasty words. But the thing is they didn't care what was said before about me, and rather because I said that stuff in that one post at the end I got a warning as well as my posts deleted, he got off with nothing.

6. themammothrept

themammothrept Der Rebütermensch
    Staff Member

OP, if you wish your case to be considered for review, please PM with me the details. The forums are not the proper place for this sort of thing.

Some considerations:

1. We have a small team, so we do rely heavily on user reports
    2. That being said we also do regular searches for violations of the rules, but of course there may be content that we miss
    3. We do take context into consideration, and we don't take action on everything that is reported. A lot of stuff is reported that doesn't violate the rules, and people may report stuff just because they don't like it, which is not a legitimate reason to make a report.

7. _.._

_.._ Fapstronaut

I believe that banned post of mine falls in the category described by the third point. I've already raised the issue with the mod who did it. Thanks for showing up.

8. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

You also get a situation where someone is banned and then the moderators acquiesce and let them back in. Like, WTF!?

9. _.._

_.._ Fapstronaut

Happens on Twitter & co all the time. Changing your decision when new information requires it is a good thing.