1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

There was a thread about "no more mister nice guy" before...?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by staub, Feb 14, 2017.

1. staub

staub Fapstronaut

So, I saw a thread about this book quite a while back.
    This book was talked about and I am currently reading it and wanted to check in on the post but I cant find it. :(

So I'll start a new one to either find the old one, persons from the old one, or to find out what happend.

There's a lot of things in the book that hit me spot on. Sometimes not as worse but sometimes worse then described there.
    Anyone any experience about it?
    Is it true, the way to break the "circle" or what?

I know I definetly have to change something but it's hard doing it alone. Even harder without a place to start.

2. I haven't read the book but this video might challenge some of the ideas in the book (or maybe she in agreement with the book).

SheMonk likes this.
  3. staub

staub Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply but not quite matching. She's also right in the video.
    Actually, a lot of things she said is exactly the same as it's said in the book.

Both share the big part of confidence and she also says that men with confidence can be nice. That is true.
    The "Nice Guy" in the book is refering to those men who are pushovers, (as she says), who do everything to please someone else.
    It's also not connected to the PickUp Community in any way. It's about "man up" and "getting your shit together". :)

The book is to help men become what she says. :D

However, I'm still reading it but I fail to see where tp start with myself.

Being here, nofap was obviously a start but now what...

Edit: The book also doesn't say nice guys finish last, it says they rot in middle management. ^^

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. staub

staub Fapstronaut

Awesome man, thank you! :D

Almost reading through the old post I can't help myself but think how to make it.
    The book often relates to save persons (those who you can talk to without holding back, who wont judge) and to the groups. These "save persons" obviously are the books way of these groups, but I can't say I really have someone like that in my life. One person maybe, but he has a load of problems himself with (something that could turn out to be) brain cancer.
    I'll talk to him, but until then I'm alone in this.

And otherwise, sure, I have you guys. But I'm not convinced (though I'd like to be) that this is equally efficient.
    Maybe a whatsapp group? Not sure.
    I'll keep this thread up for now. Maybe someone joins me and we'll form a whatsapp group of "no more mister nice guys". (PM me if interessted) :D

Edit: I'm german but english is obviously not a problem. Timezone would be, however. So at least european would be good. 1-2 hours are no problem, but 8-10 hours to america really could be.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017