1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

There is still so much to learn. Never think you are done recovering.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by LoyalKnight, Mar 26, 2017.

1. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I did PMO two times in the year 2017 and I did O (disputed) one more time this year. I did realize so many things, about just everything. About general life, social environment, conversation, certain topics, women, just everywhere.
    For the statistic: Streaks this year:
    - 50 days
    - 16 days
    - 0 days
    - 52 days
    - and current streak of 2 days. (I decided to reset, although 80% of the members told that it my case does not count as a relapse.)
    In this year, I did PMO 3x
    and just O 1x.
    4 days out of 90, I'll count that as a major major victory.

I will never finish learning and experiencing new stuff. When I think of my past, where I put women on a pedestal on a daily basis and masturbated to them, I am simply ashamed of myself.
    I'll be honest. I still put women on a pedestal. Maybe only 5% compared to one year before, but I still put them on a pedestal, sometimes. I have so much to learn. I did improve without a doubt, but let's be honest.

Most of us masturbated on a daily basis, some looking the dirtiest stuff on the net. Do you really think we can recover within months? I doubt it. We can see major improvement, yes. But full recovery will be hard and will require lots of patience.

We are fighting one of the hardest battles in mankind. Not from a physical point of view, but from an internal point of view. Most of the humans (I would say 99%) cannot recognize P-M-O ing as an enemy, they view it as a friend. But we shall never again!

But I believe in us. We will win, so hard as it may seem to be. We shall be victorious, and we shall never surrender!

Do not forget: Hope dies last.

2. Same here !
    Life should be constant improvement and with this attitude will be less and less place to PMO and generally addictions I believe.
    Yes we are the pioneers of fighting the still unrecognized enemy !

NEVER GIVE UP ! NEVER SURRENDER !

Bryaan likes this.
  3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

How exactly do you define a streak ?

Bryaan likes this.
  4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

It needs especially deep insight. Because the PMO addiction is just the surface of underlying issues.

Getting out of an addiction means to work on the underlying issues.

Improving self-confidence. Improving social skills. Getting organized. Being self-responsible and autonomous.

Bryaan likes this.
  5. I agree on the part that it is impractical to think that full recovery is attainable within a few months. I personally don't think that time is the medicine to healing from this addiction. It doesn't mean that if one abstain from PMO for 90 days, he will be "cured". It is what he does during those 90 days that actually matter. Of course, he will still gain from not PMOing for 90 days, but the underlying thing is that the root problem is not being addressed i.e. formulation of good habits/mindset to take over what PMO has taken in our lives. It is the process that matters. Time does not solve problems automatically. Even today, I still feel inclined to PMO and the urges are still present. Therefore, every single day it is a fight against PMO and to get better and develop the best version of ourselves, instead of succumbing to the urges or temptation.

Stay strong brother.

Bryaan likes this.