1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The urge to be responsible

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I have enough of the hedonistic lifestyle many men are living. What do I mean by hedonistic? This is when you try to eliminate negativity as well as you can and you maximize positivity as well as you can. Okay, this may sound as a good concept, but in practice it's a horrible form of life: You engage in PMO and other addictions, eating junk-food, etc. to feel good and you start not giving a fuck about e. g. school to eliminate negativity. I've been living this since ever I guess, but in the last time, i got really annoyed by this. It's just absurd, like I want to be a child forever. I want to be mature, a role model for other men, being responsible. This does not mean that I will give up my sense of humor, but I will care about myself and others.

I don't want to point at someone but I have some negative role models in my environment who are living hedonistic and are completely irresponsible for everything. This is also a motivation for me to not be like them.

You understand me?

2. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Yes, I understand you. Probably more then you'd think.

3. Hedonism:
    Hedonism is a school of thought that argues that pleasure is the primary or most important intrinsic good. In very simple terms, a hedonist strives to maximize net pleasure (pleasure minus pain).

Yes I understand what you're saying. Hedonism is a unrealistic way to live since it refuses to accept the reality that pain is not in itself a bad thing and that what is good for us is not always going to be what feels good. Medicens taste like shit, working out takes effort, and the truth hurts. But if these things are accepted then they also lead to true healing, health, and growth. Basically hedonism is just a tribute to mediocrity.

As for the hedonistic influences in your life my advice would be to cut them out completely if it's at all possible. If you're trying to make a break from that way of life then you will want to break away from those who refuse to leave it.