The thread that I just saved is gone!

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Namekian23, May 17, 2018.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

A couple of days ago I was typing a rough draft of a thread that I was about to post. It was very important and I had a lot of material already saved on it. I swore I remember hitting the "save" tab, and when I was about to continue my draft earlier today, it was gone! This has never happened to me before, and I remember the content that I saved on previous thread was always there when I logged in again. I just wanna know what's going on, and how can I possibly get my draft back. It makes no sense, but if I could get some help that would be great. I really don't want to write the material all over again...

2. Survivalist

Survivalist NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you try going to that thread were you last left your draft at?

3. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Hi Survivalist. I already went back to the thread like you said, but I think it's too late. I restarted my draft again, and saved it, so I think the old one got erased. The good news is that my new one actually got saved this time, but as of now, I may have to start all over again. It was just very weird how it happened, I could have sworn I'd hit the save button.

4. Survivalist

Survivalist NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

I tend to use an external file, usually google docs which is very easy to use, to save longer drafts.

5. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Next time I'll try that instead. Just to remind you, I did another rough draft that was fairly long, and it disappeared yet again. I realized that within 24 hours, if you don't post your thread, it will be erased. I think you need to address this issue to the Nofap team as this has never happened to me before. In previous posts, I would have my draft still there even if it wasn't posted within a week or more. There is something clearly wrong with the save tab, but other than that, I'll take your advice on google docs. Thanks for your help.