1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The price of art

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ClassyKing, Aug 8, 2018.

1. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

Kind of a freelance artist question. A friend of mine asked me to help design a business card for her. I said I would, but that it would take time, and if it would be alright to get paid for it. I'm not really sure how much I should charge her. Anyone have any advice?

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Depends how much time you put in it, as well as the overall look of it.

I’m familiar with people doing art commissions from fandoms/fanart and freelance business artists as well; many of them do between $20-100 for designs depending on effort (sketches vs full detail, etc) and the overall complexity of it (details, multiple objects, etc) although many of those are for non commercial uses.

As it sounds like a commercial use, you COULD risk going higher if you want to, but those are typically the prices I see. But as business cards typically don’t require fancy work, it probably would be overkill.

You should ask her what she’s willing to do, then haggle with her for a higher price if you wish.

3. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

Professional business card design =$10 any more than that your ripping her off or you're not as good of a designer as you think.