1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The only way to fully recover.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Frando, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Frando

Frando Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

Just relapsed from a 47-day streak. Really puts you into shock, losing a **month and a half** of progress on the counter.

Obviously, my whole rebooting hasn't been completely destroyed. I still feel distant from the socially insecure, addiction-hiding creep that I was. The relapse happened from constant surfing all week, along with being home alone for the first time in this cycle. Being home alone was the one trigger I had forgotten about -- showers were fine, being in bed was fine etc.

I could tell that my brain was getting rewired as my response to stimuli was different than before.

What I did go get to 47 days-
    Swimming 3x in the morning on top of my afternoon practices
    Less surfing the net for the first 5 weeks (week 6 started more urges-- STRONGLY correlated)
    Mild mindfulness
    Making friendly conversation with girls to practice self-confidence (I am in a relationship so obviously I limit myself -- my girlfriend is my accountability partner!)
    Inconsistent lukewarm/cold showers
    NO instagram and snapchat was only used for beats -- used consistently week 7
    No FB

What I failed to do-
    Meditate
    Cold shower every day
    Limit general computer use and surfing at the recently

I felt like a more stable person and the only problems that were affecting me were was more shallow than the deep emotionally scarring semi-infidelity laden issues that I had due to PMO.

I felt my progress slowly peeling off once youtube binging every day. Cutting of internet and TV use is the only way to wholly recover, IMHO. Internet and TV are just smaller stimuli that your brain reassociates a dopamine release with. Just my two cents.

kaow84141718 likes this.
  2. Supination

Supination Fapstronaut

Have you tried meditating and failed? or you haven't tried at all?
    Start meditating daily, I promise you, you'll earn the best 5 minutes of your day.