1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The non-abstinence/doing day count challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Awedouble, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Not only is abstinence from PMO the only things we can count, there have been people creating other kinds of abstinence based challenges like no sugar, caffeine or whatever.

I'd like to highlight and have a thread where we have different ideas of challenges of things we aim to DO rather than not do. A couple I already participate in are the Flying start morning one and the No screen before bed one, (30 days) but there can be plenty of others like meditating or reading. (see the link to that post in my sig, and that one is ongoing)

So this challenge is for people to come up with something, anything that is based on DOING something rather than abstaining/not doing. We already get we need to stay away from certain things, I think we can use more ideas of stuff to do consistently, and note your commitment of how long you intend to do it.

A41:14A likes this.
  2. Some ideas of things I would like to do more:

- drinking more water
    - stretching in the morning
    - daily devotions
    - no phone in the morning before stretches and devotions
    - temporary social media fasts
    - writing

I don't personally like doing 30 day challenges, because I feel like it's too much pressure and makes life too structured. But these are all things I would like to do more often.

Awedouble likes this.
  3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Yeah it can definitely be better to start with a shorter streak, of course the idea is to have it become a habit so you don't have to think about it even if it is structured. Both good and bad habits are a part of that structure so it can be good to look at what the structure is in the first place.

Just to take an easy one, do you have a good water bottle that you carry with you? I'm not using mine these days but working in an office it also works to reminds myself to get up from sitting and the water isn't that far from my desk anyway, so I end up getting two things done when I do it.

4. Yeah, I do have a good water bottle I take to work with me. I just also like soda :p lol