1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

the meaning of christmas to me

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Poblano, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Poblano

Poblano Fapstronaut

I have been very stressed recently because we are having a bunch of people over for christmas and I don't really feel prepared. I have had several unexpected expenses this year and my budget for christmas was very small. I also had to spend a lot of money on christmas dinner that I really don't have. But christmas is for family and I am hoping I will get the spirit but right now I don't have it.
    I want to be grateful to have the ability to have these people over. Christmas is about being with family and giving. d

Christmas also occurs on Dec 25th which is right after the Winter Solstice the shortest day of the year. This is a time of change in the Seasonal Calendar. The longest night and shortest day occurs on the solstice. After that the days start getting longer. This is the beginning of the part of the year that brings birth and life and new growth. It is very early though because it is still cold outside but the lengthening days signal that spring is coming.

This can be symbolic of a psychological birth or rebirth. When you are at your lowest, this holiday is to remind you that life is tenacious and will grow and be abundant again.

So I always like to think that this time of year little seeds of growth and love will start sprouting and later will come into full bloom.

2. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut

Very well said brother. Thank you for your kind and wise words, I wish you a wonderful Christmas!

[​IMG]

3. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut