1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Master Series: 3,000 Years of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by WOTL, May 30, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Please feel free to lemme kno if these images are not showing at anytime, twould be much appreciated, thx mates!

2. Dr. J

Dr. J Fapstronaut

What a great thread. Just the very idea of it is resonating without even reading the content. There's a saying in the AA community "If you want what we have, you have to be willing to go to any means to get it". Many fail, but those who pay attention to the "experience, strength and hope" of those who went before, and try to integrate the principles in the experiences, will find success. I've seen it so many times. The support of others is necessary, but in the midnight hour, you're by yourself. (or alone with God if you like). You need tools, and remembering the experience of others and reflecting on them often is a great tool.

"We should not get obsessed about our "counters".
    Also refreshing to hear. If you're free now, there is no counter, or need for one because it's always now. All that matters is not the recent history, but the now. Having said that, counters are useful tools because they represent our investment in our sanity. Why tear up and dump out an investment. As you can probably tell I'm also in drug and alcohol recovery and get a lot of strength from those principles, and now I'm invested in my own sobriety to the tune of 2 years and 3 months. It's useful to know that. Counters are important, but only as part of a larger dashboard. I'm more interested in my current state. . . . which right NOW is pretty damn good. ;)

3. My Kabir image series is done. Lol this page is taking a minute to load on my phone.

4. One last poem....

'THE FLUTE OF the Infinite is played without ceasing, and its sound is love:

When love renounces all limits, it reaches truth.

How widely the fragrance spreads! It has no end, nothing stands in its way.

The form of this melody is bright like a million suns: incomparably sounds the vina, the vina of the notes of truth.'

5. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

We can all likely learn something from the life of Etheldreda

6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

that's a great resource man...thank you! :)

7. WOTL

WOTL Fapstronaut

February 15th, 2016. Finding a Spiritual Guide

Jerry Lynch argues that we can create a spiritual teacher in our own mind. A teacher that is a true inner voice, a reflection of what is happening inside of us. Creating this awareness helps us get connected with our true self. There is an internal voice inside each of us that knows what we want. This voice knows that we do not want to be addicted to any mood altering experiences.

sandwich77 likes this.
  8. Tony Greenshrine

Tony Greenshrine Fapstronaut

Nice thoughts about the counters thanks!