1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Manchester Suicide Bomber - Salman Abedi

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salman Ramadan Abedi.jpg

This is the name of the 22 year old university student that killed 22 people and injured 64 others yesterday when he detonated a suicide bomb. His Libyan parents were refugees from Colonel Gaddafi and he was born in Manchester. The explosion occurred as people were leaving a pop concert in Manchester Arena (North of England). The concert was by an American singer called Ariana Grande and her fan base is predominantly teen and pre-teen girls.

So-called ISIS have claimed he was one of their soldiers. Based on a painstaking look at the intelligence collated so far, the Prime Minister of Great Britain announced this evening that the threat level was raised from severe to critical - the maximum threshold. This means that further terrorist atrocities may be imminent. So, the military will be deployed on the country's streets to strengthen the increased police presence.

This evil young man chose the softest of soft targets and no doubt believed he would be rewarded by admission straight to paradise in heaven according to his reading of the Qur'an.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
    Daviesmark1 likes this.
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Goddammit, what the fuck.

Hobbes likes this.
  3. Geyser

Geyser Fapstronaut

So, sorry that this is happening to the people of the UK, IGY.

Our sympathies are with you in this time of trouble.

Please ignore the second quote in my signature. It is not appropriate for this thread. It is meant for effort put forth into worthwhile and challenging endeavors.

Geyser

R.I.I.P.E.R likes this.
  4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

The blood is on all liberals everywhere for the pathetic responses to yet another terrorist attack. They refuse to change anything. smh

Blackenglish2017 likes this.
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

The root of modern day terrorism of the Middle East attacking western civilization started with Reagan when he bombed Libya.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_United_States_bombing_of_Libya

6. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

7. My thoughts and prayers for all the victims in Manchester and their families. As well as for Ariana.

8. Mirror.jpg Salman Ramadan Abedi 2.jpg

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Thoughts and prayers?? Please... I bet that nine out of ten who had written that, never prayed about the victims, and also forgot about them right after they closed their computer or changed channel on tv. This is hypocricy. Guess what, the victims' families don't give a damn about all of the people who sympathise them on the internet! Also, f*ck this Ariana, she's nothing special anyways, and she will probably be in her super deluxe and safe apartment right now.

That event was a highly tragic one. But unfortunately nothing will happen to stop this phenomenon, because it would be politically incorrect. That is western society today.

10. You are wrong Nikolai. I do not think that people are hypocritical as you describe them when such tragic events unfold. :(

I do not like the so-called humour of this Anthony Jeselnik. First, he is not funny. Secondly, like you, he is just wrong! Smh

Hobbes likes this.
  11. Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it. Though I won't agree with you. I do think that this is hypocrisy. I don't mean that all the "sympathizers" are laughing behind their screen when writing about thoughts and prayers, but the majority of them just write it to write it. Nothing more. They all going to forget about the victims.

12. Of course, some people are cynical and many are devoid of empathy. I suppose it is your assertion that nine out of ten people are like this I cannot agree with.

Hobbes likes this.
  13. Nine out of ten are hypocritical, but yes there is a number of people who do feel sorry. But this is mostly about that specific event itself, rather than the victims.

14. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

What an awful attack. How many power innocent people will have to die to change what's the issue? Huh? A dozen more? Hundred more? Thousand more? Western civilization is falling to terrorism. Only so few world leaders understand that and we need more to understand. The more who understand what's going on and the more who are aware of what's going on are the ones who will be joining together to make change. That's how I believe it works.

Nikolai likes this.
  15. Rockhold

Rockhold Fapstronaut

Lol dream on. Trump just signed a 100(going up to 300) billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia. A little war here and there, doesn't matter, as long as regular people are busy the banks keep making that money. Humans have their little play on this earth, until our time comes and we have got to go. And it's best for us to go.

Fap_Doc likes this.
  16. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Thanks for writing about this in a relatively factual way, @IGY. It is refreshing to read. While I don't know how many people can be considered hypocritical, the local newspaper of my town is definitely hyping this occurrence, writing emotionally charged articles. And I would bet they aren't the only newspaper acting that way.

And once again the politicians will express their compassion and then rate the attack as a "cowardly and dastard attack towards our free democratic basic order" (translating a standard phrase from German). Like there was no blood on our hands due to the way we live. The individual victims might be innocent, especially the children, but I would bet my right hand that the attacks are not only attacks from outside, but also symptoms of our own ways.

Regarding this, I am slowly finding it hard to discern what I find more sickening: The attacks themselves or the one-dimensional media reaction.

Themadfapper and Monster Carrot like this.
  17. Oh just stop your bs, man. You're just making shit up to justify your cyclical attitude towards life. You don't know jack shit about how many people are being hypocritical vs how many are being genuine. Social media and technology as a whole has connected us in a way we've never been connected before. It allows us to feel things/events as being close even though they're far away, and some who are sensitive to this kind of shit know they can do nothing but share their sympathy/empathy in the form of "thoughts and prayers". If I was the family of a victim I would much rather hear people offering their thoughts and prayers instead of the deafening silence you would offer up.

jest and Lazarus Shuttlesworth like this.
  18. Conrad Aether

Conrad Aether Fapstronaut

I feel sorry for the families of the victims, imagine having your daughter go to a concert where a suicide bomb goes off, I wont try to tell any government how to do their job as I cant even begin to imagine how to do it. But I truly do hope that death isn't the end for people, that there is someplace where the innocent go to their loved ones and the wicked like this... Monster, go to suffer. I don't care what religion you are, actions speak louder than words, myself and, I would presume, whatever god you worship will judge you on your actions. And the action of killing innocents with such a cowards method is nothing more than an atrocity.

jest likes this.
  19. You don't know me at all so don't pretend to know my thoughts, my motives or my intentions. And @ me next time you wanna throw shade.

Hobbes likes this.
  20. Everything I know about you @Lazarus Shuttlesworth, convinces me that you are completely sincere. Nikolai was wrong! :(

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.